Our ai agatha makes it easy to be a “genius” at customer support
Founded by a team of Facebook, Dropbox, and LinkedIn alumni in 2017, Forethought’s mission is to "enable everyone to be a genius at their job". We're building AI-driven user experiences that embed information into employee workflows, starting with our AI solution for customer support agents: Agatha.
Forethought has raised over $10M in VC funding from top-investors including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Village Global (the venture firm backed by Mark Zuckerberg, Bill Gates, and Reid Hoffman), K9 Ventures, and the CEOs of Robinhood, Front, and Carta. In 2018, Forethought launched and won at TechCrunch Disrupt -- the world's most prestigious startup competition -- and was featured in Forbes 30 Under 30.
We are tackling a $30B+ market opportunity, and we’re assembling a world-class team to help us get there. We're looking for the first Product Manager to join our product team. You will help craft our roadmap, obsess over customers, and define and execute products.
What You'll Do (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with passionate, customer-focused engineers and designers to build great solutions to customer problems
- Work with Sales, Support, Customer Success, Marketing, and other departments to get value into customers' hands and ensure success for both them and the company
- Ship specific feature(s) in our AI products that feeds into our vision, strategy and roadmap
- Help shape our product roadmap and development process as we continue to grow
- Write specifications defining why and how features should work
- Identify and track key success metrics for your features
- Define and communicate product plans from conception to launch
- Personally and regularly engage with customers to deeply understand their needs
- Work with design and engineering to identify technical possibilities and define interaction and design options.
Who You Are (Skills)
- People Centric: You love engaging with customers and stakeholders to find out their biggest pain points and champion their needs
- Team Player: Track record of collaboratively delivering results with cross-functional teams.
- Entrepreneurial: You're a detail-oriented self-starter with flexible skills, and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Humble: Your product instincts are matched by your low ego and willingness to problem-solve with others.
- Passionate: Especially about product, with a deep intuitive ability to deliver people-centric solutions
- Problem Solver: You’re a creative thinker who loves implementing simple and elegant solutions that solve real customer issues
- Design Minded: Focused on delivering great experiences, you're able to balance your extremely high standards with the need to solve and address customer pain points quickly
- Open and Effective Communicator: You’re a great listener and observer as well as a great deliverer of your message
What You’ll Need (Requirements)
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years as a Product Manager at a tech company, 2+ years in the enterprise SaaS space
- Experience owning and shipping SaaS products end-to-end
- Developed and shipped new products and experiences by working directly with a designer
- A strong interest in AI / Machine Learning / NLP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Technical depth that enables you to communicate with our development teams and discuss and respond to impacts and tradeoffs
- Ability to analyze data and create insights to support product efforts
- Bonus: You’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup, especially early stage
Forethought is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Forethought are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Forethought at a glance
Forethought focuses on SaaS, Search, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Natural Language Processing. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Palo Alto. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Forethought has raised $10M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.