Bringing good food into your everyday. That's our mission
Food Safety Process Officer, APAC
Food Safety Process Officer, APAC
Do you love food and convenience put together?
Then you just might love Foodpanda. Foodpanda is Asia's favourite way to order food online to your home or office. With thousands of restaurants ready to receive orders via our website and mobile app, no one should have to suffer from the lack of variety or long queues to enjoy great food.
However this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people, and state-of-the-art processes & operations. Currently we are looking for a Food Safety Process Officer, APAC to join our team! This role will be based in Kuala Lumpur and will report directly to the Head of Process and Systems with a start date as soon as possible.
The position implies leading the implementation of the Global Food Safety and Quality mission and vision at Regional level, ensuring roll-out and compliance with all designated Global food safety policies and procedures in every country. Additionally, the position comes with a focus on developing, documenting and reviewing business processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs) for pandamart operations.
The right person is a lover of methodology and optimisation, who is excited about the opportunity to create, maintain and roll-out processes in multiple countries to constantly improve operations, and is willing (and able) to guide cross-functional teams in iterating and implementing them.
- Ensure every country has localised training materials, templates and procedures
- Ensure that all employees receive the designated food safety training
- Complete appropriately targeted proactive and reactive internal food safety compliance audits
- Manage withdrawals and recalls of products and serious incidents
- Investigate reports of food safety and quality issues at country and store levels
- Ensure adherence to legislative food safety requirements
- Liaise between Local Authority Enforcement Officers in cases of informal or legal action
- Support in the continued development and rollout of a serious customer complaint escalation process across the region
- Highlight procedures which need to be reviewed with respect to food safety due to operational or regulatory changes in every country
- Develop, document, analyse and review business processes and SOPs to uncover areas for improvements and to ensure these processes meet business goals / requirements delivering operational excellence, compliance and quality
- Analyse customer complaint trends and indicators. Contribute to the continuous development of food safety KPIs, monitor, analyze and report on these to the relevant business stakeholders to support management review and ensure food safety objectives are met
- Degree in food science or related fields
- Program management and experience of managing program change across multiple store locations
- Knowledged of food safety of local/regional laws and regulations and food trading standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Demonstrated collaborative skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Fluency in English is required
What we offer:
- A top-notch office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia close to amazing restaurants and bars.
Inside the walls of this office you’ll find:
- An empowering, international and agile working environment
- Responsibility from day one in an innovative and rapidly expanding tech business
- Regular office parties and exciting team events
- And a bunch of cool extras including a kicker table and table tennis, as well as free fruits and, of course, a monthly corporate allowance for foodpanda!
foodpanda at a glance
foodpanda focuses on E-Commerce, Food and Beverages, Marketplaces, Content Delivery, and Same Day Delivery. Their company has offices in New York City, Singapore, and Berlin. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, foodpanda has raised $859.45M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.