Bringing good food into your everyday. That's our mission
Program Management Officer
Do you love food and convenience put together?
Then you just might love foodpanda. foodpanda is the world’s favourite way to order food online to your home or office. With thousands of restaurants ready to receive orders via our website and mobile app, no one should have to suffer from the lack of variety or long queues to enjoy great food.
However this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people, and state-of-the-art processes & operations. Currently we are looking for a Program Management Officer (PMO) to join our team! This role will be based in Kuala Lumpur and will report directly to the Regional Operations Manager with start date as soon as possible.
The position implies ownership of operational excellence projects driven by coordinated efforts of cross-functional teams.The position comes with a heavy focus on problem resolution through data analytics, delivering outstanding operations outcomes and continuous process improvement.
The right person is a lover of methodology and optimisation, who is excited about the opportunity to create and experiment with processes to constantly improve operations, and is willing (and able) to guide cross-functional teams in iterating and implementing them. The right person should be data-driven and analytical in mindset. If you see a spreadsheet or Tableau report you know straight away the right questions to ask to get to actionable outcomes. You can design the right solution for the right environment using directed effort of multiple independent departments, and have the diligence to push and follow through in order to deliver the desired outcomes.
- Pilot and own new initiatives that transform our support operations and improve the level of service we provide; iterating existing support functions and launching new ones that incorporate effort of cross-functional teams
- Own outputs of regular business reviews in order to follow-up and push different stakeholders (Global / Regional / Local teams, SSC departments / management, support functions) to deflect incidents and/or improve performance of SSC
- Perform deep dives helping countries to identify pain points and draw out actionable insights, which will involve central teams when needed (Call Center Operations, Product, Logistics)
- Advise countries on operational best practices and set-ups
- Support countries operationally on project basis when needed
- Having an obsession for customer-centricity, while solving complex operational issues
- Masters degree / MBA in business, finance, operations management or any science-related fields
- With minimum of 3+ years in Consulting, Investment Banking or Contact Centre environment
- Demonstrated experience in using data to get to outcomes
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment and to lead complex operational initiatives
- Prior professional experience with optimisation, processes and program/project management is required
- Experience working in high-volume or extremely fast-paced environment is preferred
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Fluency in English is required
- Travelling across SEA countries might be needed
What we offer:
- A top-notch office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia close to amazing restaurants and bars.
Inside the walls of this office you’ll find:
- An empowering, international and agile working environment
- Responsibility from day one in an innovative and rapidly expanding tech business
- Regular office parties and exciting team events
- And a bunch of cool extras including a kicker table and table tennis, as well as free fruits and, of course, a monthly corporate allowance for foodpanda!
foodpanda at a glance
foodpanda focuses on E-Commerce, Food and Beverages, Marketplaces, Content Delivery, and Same Day Delivery. Their company has offices in New York City, Singapore, and Berlin. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, foodpanda has raised $859.45M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2017.