Rewards and recognition made easy
Senior Software Engineer$100k – $120k
Fond is a SaaS platform that seamlessly consolidates employee rewards and recognition processes into one easy-to-use solution. With Fond, employees and managers can recognize each other, redeem rewards, access exclusive corporate discounts, and measure success so HR departments spend less time managing programs and more time driving results. Some of our current customers include Salesforce, Weight Watchers, and Stanford Healthcare, plus hundreds of others. Fond is a Y Combinator W12 company and funded by investors including DCM, Andreessen Horowitz and SV Angel. If you want to be part of the team that delivers industry-leading engagement and recognition capabilities for top companies, Fond is for you!
We’re looking for an experienced, product-minded Senior Software Engineer to expand our Fond team. We work smart, fast, and cohesively as a team, both within engineering and across the rest of the company.
Our team is guided by two important core values:
• Help customers succeed
• Help each other succeed
Fond’s engineering team aspires to deliver industry-leading elegant, innovative solutions and to help formulate processes that work for us. We utilize microservices that are primarily in Ruby on Rails with a React frontend. We also build native iOS and Android apps.
Fond is headquartered in Portland, but we are currently operating as a fully remote team due to Covid-19. Our ideal candidate will be in the Pacific or Mountain time zone.
- Work as part of a collaborative, agile team to deliver industry-leading engagement capabilities in web and mobile.
- Integrate with other services to help Fond seamlessly provide value to more companies
- Design and develop feature enhancements that continue to deliver on the value and provide an excellent customer experience
- Troubleshoot and resolve emergency server or code issues at any stack level
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or commensurate experience
- 4+ years experience in production web application development
- 2+ years of experience working with Ruby on Rails or an equivalent web framework and language
- Unit and automated testing experience (e.g. RSpec, Selenium)
- 3rd party API usage and integration experience
- RDBMS usage (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to empathize with end-users; build with scale and ease of adoption in mind
- Experience building in an agile setting with code reviews and quality as a priority
- Strong design skills for separation and modularity of code; aversion to overly complex, spaghetti code
- Persistence: design it, build it, if it breaks, fix it, but make it work, and make it shine
- Free and/or Open Source project work
- Amazon Web Services, DevOps experience
- Database Design
- Mobile app development experience a huge plus; native iOS or Android or React Native
- Access to a Fond account (including up to 5 family invites to Fond Perks)
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Great culture and team camaraderie
- 100% employee + 60% dependent/spouse premium coverage on Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick policy
- Macbook Pro or similar Linux laptop
Here is an overview of what you can expect during the hiring process:
Stage 1: Phone Interview — After you submit your initial application, we’ll review it and reach out to candidates who seem like a good fit to schedule a 45-minute initial phone interview. On this call, we’ll discuss your past experience and learn more about your professional goals.
Stage 2: Video Interviews and Code Challenge — We’ll send you a code challenge to review and get a head start on ahead of the interview. The first video interview will be with two members of our engineering team during which you’ll work on and review the challenge together. Following that, you’ll have two additional video interviews with other engineers on the team.
Stage 3: Meet Fond’s CEO and Product Team — Your last round of interviews will include a video interview with Fond’s Product / Design team, as well as a final video interview with our CEO. You will have the chance to gain a deeper understanding of Fond’s product, core values, and company roadmap.
Stage 4: Offer — If we believe you’d be a good fit at Fond, we will make you an offer we hope you’ll accept!
At Fond, we celebrate uniqueness. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Nor will we hold it against you if you prefer House Hunters to House of Cards or Cheez-Its to Goldfish. We welcome all types!
Fond - fond.co at a glance
Fond - fond.co focuses on SaaS, Discounts, Human Resources, Software, and Gift Card. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Portland. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Fond - fond.co has raised $12.95M of funding; their latest round was closed on February 2015.