The Intelligent Platform for Airline Revenue Management
Technical Product Owner, UI$120k – $140k • 0.03% – 0.05%
IMPORTANT: Please apply via our dedicated job page.
At FLYR, we're changing the way airline industries use data to ease the traveller’s experience from dynamic pricing, elastic demand forecasting, to bundling the best offers for end users. We’re taking off on a mission to deliver a real-time pricing and machine learning platform to major travel industry partners, each with millions of consumers hungry for a new, first-rate travel shopping experience.
To achieve this vision, we’re looking for a Technical Product Owner, User Interface to lead the evolution of our airline analyst User Interface in San Francisco, CA. Our user interface is literally the face of our AI Pricing platform and airline stakeholders’ impression of the tool is their impression of our product. The User Interface team is composed of software developers and data analysts, tasked with developing the backend and frontend systems. As the title suggests, the Technical Product Owner manages the platform from conception through execution. You will develop quick UI improvements to address analyst pain-points, and long term roadmaps geared towards achieving control and comfort with FLYR’s pricing products, then you will drive the execution of these roadmaps.
As a team of data scientists and engineers, we strongly believe in fostering an environment for intellectually interesting work that advances your career progression on this journey.
Let’s get you on board soon.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with our data scientists and software engineers to understand the finer details of flight revenue performance analysis
- Work with airline executives and analysts to understand their top priorities and pain-points
- Develop and execute a roadmap to deliver clear improvements in FLYR’s User Interface
- Manage the design and development of both frontend and backend systems
- This role will be reporting directly into the Head of Product in San Francisco
- Willingness to travel and interface with airline customers around the globe as conditions allow
- You have 5+ years building and managing full-stack web applications with an emphasis on Analytics or Business Intelligence
- Experience working with UI/UX designers or as one yourself
- Experience with product lifecycle methodologies from idea to launch
- Highly organized and detail oriented with exceptional time management skills
- Able to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Revenue management and/or travel industry experience a plus
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Weekly catered lunch and team lunches/outings
- Equity in Series B startup with high growth potential
- Comprehensive healthcare plans (Choice of PPO & HMO available)
- 401K with company match
- Generous PTO policy and flexible working arrangements
- Dog-friendly office, and more!
About FLYR’s product
FusionRM, our dynamic revenue management platform, is used by major commercial airlines both internationally and domestically. FusionRM unlocks unique opportunities by leveraging a machine learning platform that was built from the ground up to use deep learning techniques to solve airlines’ most complex commercial problem sets. Our platform is growing with strong customer demand for this game-changing tool.
Founder Alex Mans started FLYR in 2013. Since then, we've built a team with a wide range of experiences in enterprise technology, aviation, and entrepreneurship. We are a dynamic and fast-growing travel tech start-up headquartered in the SoMa neighborhood in San Francisco with a European development hub in Krakow, Poland.
Impact of COVID-19
As is the case in countless communities and organizations worldwide, we at FLYR have been deeply impacted by the effects of the ongoing novel coronavirus pandemic. The effects on commercial aviation (our primary client base) have been widely publicized. Yet more than ever, we are reminded of the importance of air travel in our lives, both now and in the future. Our client airlines have expressed confidence that core tools like FLYR's FusionRM will be essential to getting their businesses back on track. We realize that the road to recovery will be difficult, but remain dedicated to doing our part to make it a reality.
Our Commitment to Fairness
At FLYR, we’re all travelers from diverse paths. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and embrace the commitment to form our teams that reflect the world around us.
FLYR at a glance
FLYR focuses on Online Travel, Machine Learning, Big Data, and Finance Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Kraków. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, FLYR has raised $13.8M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.