WeWork meets Peloton
Lead Designer$70k – $150k • 0.25% – 2.0%
It’s never been easier to be connected. Collaboration happens seamlessly. Yet it doesn’t feel like we’re progressing to achieving and leading more fulfilled lives. Instead, we feel constantly anxious, stressed, and on the verge of burning out. Why?
When was the last time you felt completely engrossed in a task? Last time you felt good having accomplished something challenging? Last time you felt like you’ve given your best for the day and content to stop working in order to be more present in life?
The office was great for collaborating, but it was never a reliable place to get deep, satisfying work done. Our home office is even worse, and far more isolating. Digital tools like email, Slack, and Zoom are like the office, great for collaborating, but also suck us in, preventing us from truly engaging with our work.
What if we can create an oasis for deep work that you can access anytime anywhere? Imagine the human potential we can unleash.
Flow Club is creating a world where anyone can access deep, focused flow anytime, anywhere, and we are searching for the best to join our founding team. We’re growing quickly and backed by investors like Paul Graham to intentionally design a future work environment that is better for the 1B+ knowledge workers everywhere.
We are looking to hire a designer to lead everything from our core product UI/UX to our brand identity to communications design to anything else design related. We’re looking for someone who is fast, versatile, embraces the iterative process, and sharply tuned to the needs of the customers. This position would be one of the first (if not the first) hire we make at Flow Club, which means whoever we are lucky enough to hire will be exposed to everything.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Improve Flow Club’s member experience from first impression to becoming a power member.
- Collaborate and/or lead the rapid exploration of new product concepts (eg how might we create a virtual environment conducive to group flow?)
- Collaborate on creative and marketing assets. Even fundraising assets down the road.
- Establish and reinforce Flow Club’s brand and community identity as a desirable, inspiring place to be.
- Conduct regular user testing and customer interviews to identify opportunities for improvements.
We’re looking for
- High levels of self-awareness, empathy, and a strong work ethic.
- Deep curiosity, relentless resourcefulness, and a growth mindset.
- Good at ruthless prioritization, organization, fast thinking, and confident execution.
- Facility with design tools like Figma and comfort with code to facilitate exploration and implementation
- Engaged in big picture thinking but values day-to-day execution.
Meet your team
Flow Club at a glance
Flow Club focuses on Business Productivity, Productivity Software, Health and Wellness, and Coworking. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.flow.club/