A single point of access for trading digital currencies
Software Engineer$105k – $185k • 0.63% – 1.78%
Please apply here or send your name and resume to email@example.com
Floating Point Group is on a mission to bring institutional-grade services to the digital currency markets. By abstracting away the complexity of interfacing with hundreds of different trading venues (each with their own idiosyncratic APIs) while simultaneously pooling liquidity from across these venues, FPG's services enable hedge funds, asset managers, and institutional investors to participate in these nascent markets with unprecedented confidence and efficiency. With digital currency trading volume routinely breaching $100 billion in 24hr trading volume, the need for robust trading infrastructure is more salient than ever.
We’re looking for seasoned engineers skilled with building distributed systems, integrating off-the-shelf libraries, and ensuring code quality standards are met. You will be instrumental in taking high level design documents and implementing them into a codebase; while ensuring that development follows best-practices.
What you’ll be doing.
-Drive ambitious technical projects that immediately impact our customers.
- You'll be collaborating with our highly-motivated (and insatiably curious) engineers.
- Learn and grow at a breakneck pace as our company rapidly scales.
Who you are.
- You’ve designed and implemented complex distributed systems.
- You’ve worked on a high-velocity product team.
- You can recognize and advocate for technical excellence.
More about Floating Point Group.
We are technologists and we are builders. We spent years of ours lives building some of the most frontier computer science systems. We've designed, built, and deployed distributed data capturing systems at Jet, natural language processing models at MIT, and data pipelines for cancer cell analysis. Many of us have founded businesses previously. We founded FPG with a single goal: to improve the digital asset financial ecosystem. But, more importantly, to enjoy every minute of building a company, creating a culture, and shipping a product. We are the FPG family, and we would love to meet you.
We’ve raised funding from well-known financial groups, venture capitalists, and an incredible group of veteran angels including AngelList's Naval Ravikant and other founders of companies that are publicly traded on NYSE and NASDAQ.
Let us know if you have experience with any of the following!
- Designing, building, and deploying distributed systems / microservices with a focus on asynchronous applications, multithreading, distributed message queues, and data consistency.
- Cloud (AWS) infrastructure
- Containerization + container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS, etc.)
- Type systems (either strongly typed languages of static type checking)
- Familiarity with API conventions / design patterns / anti-patterns / common pitfalls
- Shipping awesome products, bringing something from inception to actually delivering to customer hands.
If you’re interested in learning more and meeting our team, send us a note ± a joke to firstname.lastname@example.org! We'd love to hear from you.
Meet your team
Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
With additional coverage allowances for dependents.
Equity-heavy compensation packages
We offer a variety of compensation packages based on an equitable salary calculator, with cash-heavy or equity-heavy choices.
We offer all team members the ability to work remotely to their heart's content (within reason!), with only a few in-person required meetings & events.
Paid time off
We offer a generous PTO allowance and encourage team members to plan vacations and enjoy their time off.
Catered lunch, daily
Team members volunteer to teach colleagues about their topics of expertise in presentation / Q&A sessions.
Stocked snack station
We keep the office stocked with snacks based on team member's ideal snack preferences