eCommerce Fulfillment Network for Next-Day Ground Delivery
Director of Business Development
FLEXE is a team of technology entrepreneurs and logistics experts headquartered in Seattle. We connect retailers and brands in need of warehouse space and eCommerce fulfillment services to organizations that have extra resources. Our cloud-based software platform connects 1300+ warehouse facilities across North America, making the process of sourcing and scaling warehousing and services easy and efficient. FLEXE is transforming the $1.5T logistics industry. FLEXE.com
We are not looking for the traditional salesperson. To succeed as a Director of Business Development with FLEXE, you must be able to constructively challenge the status quo, thrive in ambiguous situations, and paint a vision of success that energizes clients. The ideal candidate is an experienced self-starter who can leverage existing relationships, build new trusted relationships, provide tight feedback loops between client needs and FLEXE solutions, and dramatically grow our business. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage your industry experience and ignite your career by coming in on the ground floor of a quickly growing startup.
- Develop and deliver on new client and revenue targets.
- Engage clients with a consultative approach.
- Drive solution concept, design, and vision, and relay that vision to both the client and our organization.
- Develop strategies and tactics to engage prospective clients. Identify decision makers and stakeholders, and build trusted relationships.
- Partner with FLEXE’s market development team to continually refine our target account definitions.
- Become a trusted internal “voice of the customer” for our product and solutions teams, so that we can continue to evolve our solutions in the most effective and leveraged ways.
- 5+ years experience as an account executive/business development manager in the contract logistics or warehousing division of a major 3PL. Additional experience on the client-side is a plus.
- Ability to credibly interface with senior client personnel at both the tactical/operational level and the strategic level.
- Proven success developing and closing new business.
- Familiarity with web-based software products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
- Past experience in a tech startup environment a plus!
- Bachelor’s Degree.
The benefits package at FLEXE is thoughtfully designed to help people lead healthy lives in and outside of work.
-Health benefits for individual:
--Dental and vision are covered 100%
--Medical is covered 100% for HSA or a small premium for PPO.
-Company 401k and matching plan
-Fully paid Orca Card or parking stipend
-20 days of PTO
-10 company holidays
-2 floating holidays
-Take your birthday off!
-Paid Parental Leave & Bereavement Leave
-Industry learning initiatives with talks, demos, site visits. Etc.
Working at FLEXE:
Here are a few perks that make day to day work at FLEXE enjoyable:
-Choice of MacBook or PC and monitor setup, and height adjustable standing desk
-Located in historic Pioneer Square; restaurants, bars, shops, and mass transit hub
-PhilanthroFLEXE program. A quarterly program where we give back to the community through volunteer work, fundraising drives, etc.
-Fully stocked pantry and beverage fridge
-Team sports such as Kickball, Softball, etc.
-Team Building/Celebration Events - For Example: Pedicures, Paintball, Mariners Games, Happy Hours, Go-Kart Racing, Game Nights, Community Service, and more!
FLEXE participates in E-Verify, an employment authorization program through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
FLEXE is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.