Data integration that keeps up with change
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values.
We do the right thing, even when it's harder in the short run. We challenge the status quo by reasoning from first principles.
Fivetran belongs to all of us. We take ownership and are accountable for getting things done. Through curiosity, learning, and coaching, we grow as individuals and teams.
One team, one dream.
We share the pains and successes of our customers, partners and colleagues. We seek, gather, and trust a diverse group of teammates with different perspectives to guide Fivetran's progress.
If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
About the role:
Fivetran is looking for a high performance, experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to collaboratively define a vision around quality and build the strategy, team, process, and tools to achieve it. You will be working closely with the greater Engineering Organization, In this role, you will grow, nurture, and lead a multidisciplinary team to develop critical test infrastructure, enact approaches that bring quality further upstream, and share actionable data that keeps quality top of mind.
As a Software Developer in Test (SDET), you will:
- Ensure that Fivetran software is high-quality by building product test strategies, writing and automating test plans, and communicating with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Educate Engineering and Product on testing and QA; partner with them to determine product quality goals and measurements
- Help ensure releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality
- Be a reliable, friendly source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes
- Awe your team by uncovering, or preventing corner case defects
- Broad knowledge and hands-on technical experience in test methodologies and automation development
- Experienced with infrastructure environments such as AWS, Google Cloud, Docker, etc.
- Able to communicate effectively with fellow developers about quality related needs
- Able to assess and iterate within an evolving software and services environment
- Able to code new automated tests incorporated into the back end of a product
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Unlimited/flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- Company happy hours and fun team building activities
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
You can choose from multiple plans. 100% paid for by Fivetran, and dependents are covered at 70%.
Hsa (health savings account)
Fivetran contributes $165 per month to employees’ HSA accounts.
Fivetran offers a group plan for pet insurance through Pet Assure and PetPlus. Pet Assure helps employees save on veterinary care and in-house medical services. PetPlus is a prescription savings plan for dogs and cats.
Fivetran offers 4% matching contribution to your 401K account
Fivetran gives full-time employees 16 weeks of parental leave for baby bonding. This applies to new mothers, new fathers, surrogate mothers, or parents adopting a child. Employees are eligible for parental leave after 9 months of employme
Fivetran employees have the opportunity to purchase company stock. Fivetran stock options have a 1-year cliff, a 4-year vest and a 10 year exercise window.
Fivetran offers a flexible/unlimited PTO plan that is available to you from your start date.
Meals, snacks, and other!
Fivetran offers frequent catered lunches for employees, unlimited healthy snacks, tea and coffee, plus team happy hour outings, activities and retreats.
Employees can contribute up to $260 pre-tax to pay for eligible work-related transit and parking expenses by using a Discovery commuter debit card.
Fivetran at a glance
Fivetran focuses on SaaS, Data Integration, Cloud Data Services, Data, and Software Engineering. Their company has offices in Denver, Oakland, and Bengaluru. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Fivetran has raised $159M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2020 at a valuation of $1B.