European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles
At FIVE, we're using the power of autonomy to transform Europe's cities. For everyone. We'll transform cities, transport, the environment, safety, access and lifestyle.
We're bringing together the best minds in AI, engineering and mobility to deliver a fully autonomous shared transport service for Europe's cities. The benefits will be vast and wide-ranging.
With experienced founders, world-class scientists and supervision from top professors, our team is accelerating research in advanced machine learning and computer vision, and applying it in the real world.
We're a well-funded energetic group of creative problem-solvers and practical doers from a range of backgrounds in areas such as motorsport, robotics, machine learning, computer vision, control engineering, software assurance, simulation and verification.
We are looking for individuals to help build our vision, to shape, develop and validate our world-changing software, and to deliver it into one of the most exciting markets for ML. So if you are a self-motivated engineer, computer scientist, mathematician or physical scientist, and want to play your part in shaping the future, come and join us.
*About the Oxford Research Group:*
Five AI's Oxford Research Group conducts and publishes state-of-the-art research in computer vision and machine learning. We have a particular focus on techniques that can be applied in an autonomous driving context. Led and managed by Dr Stuart Golodetz, with strong collaborative links to Professor Philip Torr's Computer Vision Group in Oxford's Engineering Science Department. Example areas that we cover include, but are not exclusive to, adversarial robustness, camera pose estimation, depth estimation, meta-learning, network calibration, network compression, object tracking, semantic segmentation and SLAM. We're looking for contributors who can positively add to research in these and other areas of computer vision and machine learning.
*About this Internship:*
The purpose of this internship is to conduct state-of-the-art research in either network calibration or domain adaptation/transfer learning. A deep curiosity coupled with expertise in either or both of these areas will pique our interest. However, we're also open to people with expertise in other areas and enthusiasm for conducting research on these topics.
The internship itself is expected to last approximately six months, maybe longer depending on availability.
- You will likely hold or be studying for a Masters or a PhD/DPhil in computer vision, machine learning, or a closely-related field.
- You may have a strong publication record in top-quality venues (e.g. SIGGRAPH, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, ISMAR, etc.), in line with your career stage and the research opportunities you have had, or have demonstrable potential to publish in such venues.
- You may have experience in network calibration and/or domain adaptation/transfer learning. You may have published or have shown potential to publish on these topics.
- You are a competent programmer, preferably in Python or C++. Experience with popular machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow would also be helpful for specific projects.
- You are able to work in a leading or a supporting role on a paper, as the need arises.
- You have excellent communication skills, will enjoy working with other members of the group, be happy to help write up work for publications and be open to giving talks at conferences.
- Join the European leader bringing autonomous vehicles to market
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit
- Have an immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
- Grow with us as we scale up while delivering work that matters
- Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options
- Acquire experience with a wide variety of tooling and systems that are in high demand
- Benefit from a direct working relationship with the machine learning teams, as well as forming a critical link between annotation and training
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
FiveAI at a glance
FiveAI focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Software, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in Cambridge and Edinburgh. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, FiveAI has raised $2.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2016.