European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles
Engineering Director£85k – £105k
At FIVE, we’re using the power of autonomy to transform Europe’s cities. For everyone. We’ll transform cities, transport, the environment, safety, access and lifestyle.
We’re bringing together the best minds in AI, engineering and mobility to deliver a fully autonomous shared transport service for Europe’s cities. The benefits will be vast and wide-ranging.
The team and investors in FIVE are attracting, configuring and applying some of the world’s top scientists and engineers to be first delivering safe transport in Europe’s cities. We're starting with an early-rider programme in London this Autumn.
We’re a well-funded energetic group of creative problem-solvers and practical doers from a range of backgrounds in areas such as motorsport, robotics, machine learning, computer vision, control engineering, software assurance, simulation and verification. Every one of us has the opportunity to outsize influence on the future of technology should we choose to accept that challenge.
*What you will do*
As an Engineering Director, you will lead teams and people in Cambridge working to bring autonomous vehicles onto our roads. You will work closely with the VP Engineering, Technical Authorities, VP Product and others to define strategy and support & guide your teams in solving the most complex and exciting challenges of the self-driving revolution.
- Lead by example, both as a people manager and an expert hands-on coder
- Communicate across functions and drive engineering initiatives
- Collaborate with the other FiveAI teams to shape product and technical strategy
- Develop and grow engineers on the team
- Define and drive technical strategy for a key pillar of simulation engineering
- Previous experience leading engineering teams working on complicated problems
- Demonstrable software engineering expertise
- eep understanding of C++ or other languages
- Ability to define and architect complex systems
- Strong mathematics, debugging, problem-solving and communication skills
- Join the European leader bringing autonomous vehicles to market and feel like there is a part of you ‘on the car’
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit
- Have an immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team
- Grow with us as we scale up whilst delivering meaningful work that really matters
- Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and stock options
FiveAI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
FiveAI at a glance
FiveAI focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Software, and Computer Vision. Their company has offices in Cambridge and Edinburgh. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, FiveAI has raised $2.7M of funding; their latest round was closed on July 2016.