Quality Assurance Specialist
Are you passionate about fitness and want to transform the way people reach their personal health goals? Do you want to work on a small team that loves to execute quickly, ship thoughtful features and impact hundreds of thousands of users?
Join us as we build the future of fitness.
We’re looking for our first Quality Assurance Specialist to join Fitbod! You’ll have the opportunity to work with engineering, design, and product management to ensure Fitbod customers have the best possible experience. Fitbod is a Top-20 Health & Fitness app in the iOS App Store. We’ve cracked product-market fit and now need you to help ensure Fitbod can hold a high-quality bar as it evolves.
As the first full-time member of the team dedicated to testing and quality, you will:
- Craft appropriate test plans for product experiments and new feature launches.
- Proactively track, reproduce, and triage outstanding bugs with our Customer Success team and drive issues to resolution.
- Schedule and perform regression tests using a fleet of modern devices.
- Work seamlessly across our clients (iOS, Android, Web) and back-end systems.
- Maintain our QA device suite.
- Find innovative ways to continually improve the QA process
- Record incidents, coordinate corrective actions, and lead post-mortem analysis.
- Delegate manual testing efforts to an outsourced firm.
- 2+ years of release management or QA experience
- Experience in manual QA testing for mobile or web products.
- Previously worked with engineers, product managers or designers.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and prioritize among conflicting needs
- Attention to detail and systematic thinking.
- Experience with black box and white box testing with understanding of/experience with SQA methodologies, techniques, and approaches
- Clear communication
- Passion for product quality, fitness, and the Fitbod experience
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience in automation testing
- Coding experience in Java, Python, Swift, or any other coding language.
- Experience with performance, stress, unit, API, integration, and security testing
- Experience working in a related technical integration capacity (build/integration engineer)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
A great way to stand out is to be an active Fitbod user or to have recently tried the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.