Front-end Web Engineer
We’re looking for our first Front-End Web Engineer to join Fitbod! You’ll have a rare opportunity to work directly with technical founders to build out our web platform and product suite. As an early hire in a pivotal role, you’ll not only have strong influence and ownership over our web presence, but also help navigate uncharted business and technical challenges.
Fitbod is a Top-20 Health & Fitness app in the iOS App Store. We’ve cracked product-market fit and now need you to help bring all the value Fitbod creates to the web. It’s a sure bet to make a big impact, from scratch!
- Build out our web product suite from scratch.
- Collaborate with our technical team to make core architectural decisions.
- Work with our design and product team to define, architect, scope and build user-facing features on the web.
- Support web-based marketing efforts such as microsites and landing pages.
- Utilize the latest web standards and technologies.
- Mentoring other engineers by participating in code reviews.
- Ensure efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Participate in Design reviews and ensure a high quality bar for front-end feature implementation.
- 4+ years experience in front-end web development
- Experience building single-page web applications
- Strong experience with Rails, preferably Rails 5; understanding of ActiveSupport, ActiveRecord, ActionCable
- Strong understanding of HTML and HTML-generating markup languages like ERB, HAML, SLIM or Liquid
- Strong understanding of CSS and CSS-generating markup languages like SCSS, SASS or LESS
- Strong attention to design detail; able to faithfully implement a responsive design based on mockups provided by Product team
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, REST, etc.
- A comfortability using testing frameworks to write client-side and server-side tests (automated QA)
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience with full-stack web development
- Building A/B testing services
- Experience with security, networking and devops
- Using Terraform to manage cloud-based infrastructure on GCP and AWS
Remote-based work a possibility for the right candidate.
A great way to stand out is to be an active Fitbod user or to have recently tried the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.