We’re looking for our second Android Engineer! You’ll have a rare opportunity to work directly with technical founders to usher in the next phase of growth for Fitbod. As an early hire in a pivotal role, you’ll not only have strong influence and ownership over our Android product, but also help navigate uncharted business and technical challenges.
Fitbod is a Top-20 Health & Fitness app in the iOS App Store. We’ve cracked product-market fit and now need you to help bring all the value Fitbod creates to the Android community! It’s a sure bet to make a big impact, from scratch!
- Help architect, write, review, and deploy Fitbod's Android app.
- Iterate and fine-tune Fitbod’s flagship workout recommendation engine.
- Understand and implement Android best practices.
- Define new engineering process, interview new candidates, and build an engineering team.
- Think broadly about technical and product strategy.
- Collaborate with our design, engineering, and marketing team members to continuously improve our Android offering and user base.
- Build reliable and efficient front-end systems, including client-side persistent data store.
- Work with our QA team in analyzing and resolving issues.
- B.S. / M.S. Computer Science degree or 2+ years in software development experience.
- 2-4 years of object-oriented software development.
- 1+ years building Android applications with Android SDK in Kotlin or Java.
- Experience in crafting technical stacks, including API design techniques and client side persistent data store.
- Experience with Multi-Threading, caching mechanisms, and memory management specific to mobile devices.
- Appreciation of cross-device compatibility issues.
Bonus if you have the following:
- High-level knowledge of machine learning principles, statistical modeling or regression analysis.
- Fitness-minded, practicing strength-trainer, or posses knowledge about strength-training best practices.
Remote-based work a possibility for the right candidate.
A great way to stand out is to be an active Fitbod user or to have recently tried the product.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.