News discussion in structured data
Backend Developer for Intellectually Honest DiscourseNo salary • 0.5% – 2.0%
- Build and own REST APIs
- Optimize scraping to support accurate article data.
- Develop and tune statistical test of significance to fact-check all online news.
- Ensure site stability and scalability.
- Passionate about using skills to build social good through innovations in public discourse
- REST based API experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and develop expertise in configuring crawlers and feeds. Knowledge of web crawling/scraping technologies is a plus.
- Attitude to thrive & communicate well in high-productive, customer-centric environment.
- Knowledge of DOM (Document Object Model), MySQL and regular expressions.
- Knowledge of or experience with at least one of PHP or Python, preferably both.
- Four-year technical college degree. BS Computer Science preferred.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning.
Additional salary to follow upon funding.
Fiskkit at a glance
Fiskkit focuses on Digital Media, News, Blogging Platforms, and Writers. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Fiskkit has raised $21K of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2014.