Building a truly innovative low latency financial exchange
Senior Front End Developer$135k – $170k
Senior Front-End Developer
Who we are
LMXLabs is a small team working together on building a financial exchange from the ground up. Our founding team consists of folks who have built and run successful exchanges in the past. We’re excited to be dropping legacy constraints and pushing the state of the art on this new venture. Additionally, we strongly believe that a diverse core is essential to sustainably growing a team that provides an environment that is both nurturing and effective.
What we’re building
An important part of running an exchange is making sure our market participants interact with each other in a stable environment. We’re building internal and external facing products to collaborate effectively with our partners to decrease financial risk for our participants. We’ll need to monitor for high risk financial events on the exchange and execute actions to protect the stability of our market.
Our partners and customers place a lot of trust in an exchange to protect their assets and provide avenues to grow their investments. As a financial service, we place a lot of emphasis on testing and stability, and as a small team, we want to make sure we focus our development to features that our clients and partners absolutely need. We need to be sure our products grow in a sustainable manner.
What you’ll be working on
- Collaborate to build the experience of operating and monitoring the exchange from the ground up, focusing on the key pages that display and manage participant interactions with our system
- Apply creativity in improving the look and feel of pages
- Iterate on architecture as we look towards more responsive pages that update in real time
- Work together to share and gain experience with your teammates so we can all grow together
- You’ve built interactive and responsive web applications
- You would consider yourself a “self starter” when it comes to things that need to be done
- You are comfortable working on and improving code that you did not originally write
- You have pride in features that you work on and code that we all write
- You are able to work remotely now, but can commit to working out of our office on the Peninsula in the future
We’re a good fit if some of these apply
- You’d like to work in a tight-knit team that loves to learn from each other
- You’d like to get your feet wet in many different aspects of building a software product and grow your professional career
- You’re supportive of recruiting efforts that focus on finding candidates from diverse backgrounds
- You like pair programming
- You have opinions and expertise in React and state management frameworks
- You’d like to write or learn about backend code that needs to be fast
- You’re excited to work from a clean technical slate
- You have an interest in Financial Technology (not required!)
Specifics About Us
- We’re well funded and venture backed
- Our business team consists of domain experts well connected within the industry
- We’re backed by our customers, who are some of the most important entities in the space
- Our engineering team focuses on skill development as our key approach in building a technical team
- We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and an inclusive atmosphere
- Our work arrangement is fairly flexible, while we’d want to collaborate in person with you, we’d also want you to feel comfortable working from wherever you need, whenever you need
LMXLabs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, age, family status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected status.
LMXLabs at a glance
LMXLabs focuses on Financial Exchanges and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LMXLabs has raised $19.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.lmxlabs.com/