Building a truly innovative low latency financial exchange
Server Side Java Developer$130k – $170k
Who we are
LMX Labs is a small team working together on building a financial exchange from the ground up. Our founding team consists of folks who have built and run successful exchanges in the past. We’re excited to be dropping legacy constraints and pushing the state of the art on this new venture. Additionally, we strongly believe that a diverse core is essential to sustainably growing a team that provides an environment that is both nurturing and effective.
What we’re building
Our partners and customers place a lot of trust in an exchange to protect their assets and provide avenues to grow their investments. We take that responsibility very seriously as we bring participants who want to trade financial contracts together.
Our system will fairly and almost instantly determine the price at which participants will exchange contracts. These safety and speed requirements task us with implementing innovative algorithms to solve this problem. We’re looking for software developers that would like to get involved in solving these unique problems.
What you’ll be working on
- Collaborate to build the core exchange and client endpoints from the ground up
- Apply creativity in improving the performance of our client interactions
- Iterate on the exchange architecture as we continue to advance the state of the art in building financial exchanges
- Work together to share and gain experience with your teammates so we can all grow together
- You’re comfortable building server side software in java
- You place importance on writing automated tests for your features
- You would consider yourself a “self starter” when it comes to things that need to be done
- You are comfortable working on and improving code that you did not originally write
- You have pride in features that you work on and code that we all write
- You are able to work remotely now, but can commit to working out of our Bay Area office in the future
We’re a good fit if some of these apply
- You’d like to work in a tight-knit team that loves to learn from each other
- You’d like to break into low latency focused development or have done so in the past
- You’d like to get your feet wet in many different aspects of building a software product and grow your professional career
- You’re supportive of recruiting efforts that focus on finding candidates from diverse backgrounds
- You like pair programming
- You’re passionate about software architecture and design
- You like learning and passing along useful software patterns or “cool tricks”
- You’re excited to work from a clean technical slate
- You have an interest in Financial Technology (not required!)
- We’re well funded and venture backed
- Our business team consists of domain experts well connected in the industry
- We’re backed by our customers, who are some of the most important entities in the space
- Our engineering team focuses on skill development as our key approach in building a technical team
- We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and an inclusive atmosphere
- Our work arrangement is fairly flexible, while we’d want to collaborate live or in person with you, we’d also want you to feel comfortable working from wherever you need, whenever you need
LMX Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, age, family status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other protected status.
LMXLabs at a glance
LMXLabs focuses on Financial Exchanges and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in Menlo Park. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, LMXLabs has raised $19.4M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2020.
You can view their website at https://www.lmxlabs.com/