Finix is the smartest way for businesses to own, manage and monetize payments
VP of Finance
Finix builds payments infrastructure for vertically-focused software providers and fintech companies. With Finix, businesses can own and monetize their entire payments experience without having to build an in-house system from scratch or rely on third-party payment service providers.
We are a fast-growing fintech startup recently named to both the Forbes Fintech 50 and CB Insights Fintech 250. We closed our Series B funding in February 2020 and announced an extension in August, bringing our total funding to $96 million. Our primary focus is people, and a core element of every Finix employee is a desire to be challenged. As we continue growing, we are actively looking for payments people of all kinds to join our team. If you’ve made it this far, that might be you!
We have offices in San Francisco and Cincinnati.
About The Role:
In this role, you’ll champion our vision to make every software company a payments company by leading, building, and growing a top-notch team of finance and accounting professionals, and by developing strong cross-functional relationships across Finix. Most of all, what you build will set the foundation for the department’s future, and turn finance and accounting from a traditional cost center into a strategic decision-making center.
What You’ll Be Doing
As Finix continues to grow, the role of finance and accounting will become increasingly important. With this in mind, it’s imperative that we find a leader who can architect and build an organization that is not just built for today—but is also built for future growth. In order to achieve our goals, you’ll be tasked with building a highly integrated cross-functional team that combines finance, accounting, and strategy to not only execute Finix’s financial and operational goals, but also ensure capital is allocated efficiently.
If you’re looking for the opportunity to maximize impact and build a forward-thinking finance and accounting organization, Finix is the place for you!
- Lead and coordinate daily operations of Finix’s Finance and Accounting functions.
- Design an organizational structure that effectively accomplishes the department’s goals and objectives, and aligns with Finix’s company-wide Objectives and Key Results.
- Build, lead, and manage a team of high performers by developing & implementing systems, processes, internal controls, and policies that will scale with future growth.
- Own all aspects of the finance and accounting operations, including: periodic financial reporting (e.g. preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements), forecasts, planning, budgeting, financial analysis, cash management, payroll, procurement, and risk management.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis, including analyzing margins, client pricing, variance analyses,, and key drivers of business performance.
- Own Finix’s company-wide financial model and perform ad-hoc scenario analysis as needed.
- Partner with functional areas on financial planning, budgement management, and identification of relevant key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Implement benchmarks for measuring progress on financial and operating KPIs.
- Ensure all transactions are documented and recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and that this is done in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements, and coordinate financial audits.
- 10+ years experience in a financial leadership position at a high-growth SaaS business, public company, or investment bank/private equity firm (or equivalent experience).
- Proven ability build a team of high performers and instill a mindset of operational excellence that emphasizes execution.
- Prior experience building and executing a SaaS-based business model and deep understanding of relevant KPIs (e.g. ARR, LTV, CAC, Recurring vs. Non-Recurring revenue, etc.).
- Excited to operate in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities of multiple internal and external constituencies, and driving all projects to completion.
- Penchant to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and bring a “doer mentality.”
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales (both internally and externally).
- Experience with NetSuite (or similar platforms) and manage integrations to other tools (e.g. CRM, business intelligence, etc.)
- Deep expertise of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex finance and accounting principles to multiple levels within the organization and to external stakeholders.
- Past experience in fintech or payments a plus, but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field of expertise.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) a plus, but not required.
Finix at a glance
Finix focuses on Mobile, Financial Services, E-Commerce, Payments, and Banking. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Cincinnati. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Finix has raised $62.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.