Finix is the smartest way for businesses to own, manage and monetize payments
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Finix builds payments infrastructure for vertically-focused software providers and fintech companies. With Finix, businesses can own and monetize their entire payments experience without having to build an in-house system from scratch or rely on third-party payment service providers.
We are a fast-growing fintech startup recently named to both the Forbes Fintech 50 and CB Insights Fintech 250. We closed our Series B funding in February 2020 and announced an extension in August, bringing our total funding to $96 million. Our primary focus is people, and a core element of every Finix employee is a desire to be challenged. As we continue growing, we are actively looking for payments people of all kinds to join our team. If you’ve made it this far, that might be you!
We have offices in San Francisco and Cincinnati.
About the Role:We are looking for our first Product Marketing Manager to translate product capabilities into our sales and marketing initiatives, generate customer insights that inform Finix’s product strategy, lead go-to-market for our suite of products, and create and execute campaigns to drive product growth. Product Marketing is a highly cross-functional role, partnering closely with Product and Engineering, Sales, Design, Developer Relations, and Communications to name a few. Different from many other Product Marketing teams, this role will work across the entire product lifecycle, from helping shape the product, to driving launch and commercialization, to growing product adoption post-launch.
We are looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative product marketer to join our fast-growing team.
- A storyteller. You have deep empathy for users and are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CFO—and differentiate Finix. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take our products to market
- Passionate & Curious. You are keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand. You are also curious about how real people use products and their motivations behind their praise or criticism.
- Ambitious. You are eager to make an impact at Finix. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right
- A team player. Product Marketers collaborates across the Marketing team and with basically every team at Finix. You are able to work with a range of disciplines to execute on your work
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects and use sales lifecycle data to inform your work (content, messaging, positioning etc), and conduct thorough competitive intelligence and market research
- Build user personas and ideal customer profiles that will enhance our team’s ability to position our products, demonstrate our value, and engage with prospects where they are most likely to be open to our message.
- Work with the Product and Design teams to develop sales collateral that will be used internally and externally to bring leads further down the funnel.
- You will thoughtfully focus on product naming and hierarchy strategy with a keen eye on aligning with the brand for future growth.
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product area to help shape the product roadmap and strategy
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding and build and update personas and ideal customer profiles.
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products
- Help enable user-facing teams at Finix—from Sales and User Operations to work with the Finance and Product teams to set pricing that aligns to the product value proposition and with our users’ success partner with the Product and Growth.
- You will also conduct internal product training for new hires and sales Work with Customer Success on new feature announcements to existing clients.
- Work with the Marketing team to track the right metrics and execute campaigns that drive awareness and adoption on an ongoing basis
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- At least 4-5 years of product marketing or go-to-market; experience working in technology, infrastructure, or platform companies is preferred
- You are no stranger to “code switching”, as you will be communicating between our product, engineering, sales and marketing teams daily.
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle Experience in B2B marketing and working closely with sales teams is preferred
- Being able to write SQL and/or basic API requests would be highly desirable
It’s not expected that any single candidate would have expertise across all of these areas—we’re looking for candidates that are particularly strong in a few areas, and have some interest and capabilities in others
Finix at a glance
Finix focuses on Mobile, Financial Services, E-Commerce, Payments, and Banking. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Cincinnati. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Finix has raised $62.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.