Smarter SME Financing #modularbanking
Senior Backend Engineer (m/f/d) - Remote/Onsite€30k – €70k
At FinCompare we are on a mission to simplify SME finance by using technology to offer businesses a convenient one-stop destination for all their financing needs. In a non-transparent financing market, we are providing access to and the opportunity to compare modern and suitable financing products. Therefore, we are looking for smart team members to join us on our journey to become Europe's biggest, most advanced and reliable SME financing platform.
Software Engineering is at the heart of FinCompare’s Business Agenda. We are looking to extend our teams with intelligent and driven individuals like us who find pleasure in delivering great experiences that lead to successful outcomes for our customers.We want you to help us make impactful choices in an agile environment that ensure FinCompare stays ahead of the curve with innovative and powerful products and technologies.
- Design and implement a modular B2B software platform.
- Accelerate us on our path to a loosely coupled and clean system architecture.
- Implement new but also extend and maintain existing back-end services including one Django monolith and a low but growing number of go services.
- Enjoy a high degree of freedom to explore the problem-space and guide us towards valuable and innovative solutions.
- Work and plan directly with specialists from product and business to deliver high value to end-users.
- Share ownership of all our tech and improve our practices in software development and team standards.
- Teach and mentor our team members with a positively opinionated but open mindset.
- You have at least 6 years of professional experience working in modern software teams and with multiple programming languages.
- You are very proficient in either Go or python (Bonus: Django) which you used to solve real world problems.
- You have successfully designed significant parts of production software systems.
- You worked actively on developing service-oriented systems.
- You are very comfortable on the command line, with modern tooling and Devops practices.
- You are able to balance lean and efficient work and communication with your desire to align and plan in a team environment.
- You enjoy problem-thinking and personally care for simplicity and understanding.
- You are motivated by carrying responsibility for your work and the outcomes we achieve together.
- You are fun, inspiring, relaxing and simply YOU.
- Flexible working hours and remote working.
- An attractive remuneration package.
- Active support in your personal development via individual training, frequent in-depth feedback and other measures in a comprehensive organised scheme.
- Experienced managers and team-members that encourage ownership and high standards.
- Flat hierarchies, open communication and company transparency, high energy and high reward.
- Gain experience in a largely untapped sector with strong growth expectations that is B2B online finance.
- A nice office with a great atmosphere in the heart of Berlin.
- A diverse and multinational team that melts the best this world has to offer.
- Any hardware, software, tools that you need.
FinCompare - Smarter Business Finance at a glance
FinCompare - Smarter Business Finance focuses on Financial Services, Consulting, Finance, Small and Medium Businesses, and Banking. Their company has offices in Berlin. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, FinCompare - Smarter Business Finance has raised $3 of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2017.