Field management and coordination software for construction teams
Android Engineer$120k – $150k
Who are we looking for?
Fieldwire is looking for an experienced Android engineer to join our team of talented Android engineers. Our Android app is built native (95%+ in Kotlin) from the ground up to maximize performance and work in any customer environment online or offline. We believe that native apps should make the most out of their platform and embrace Android at its core, from Material Design to other Android-specific APIs.
The Android team at Fieldwire builds the highest rated construction app on the Play Store. Our engineering teams are multi-functional, co-located with product and design. Fieldwire’s mobile apps are mission critical for the construction teams that use Fieldwire everyday to save time and money on the jobsite.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or equivalent work experience
- Experience with modern Android development
- Experience writing clean, well-tested, and modular code
- Strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
Nice to haves:
- Experience with reactive programming (RxJava)
- Experience developing with Kotlin
- Experience with advanced debugging tools for memory and performance issues
What you’ll be doing?
Our Android Engineers are responsible for developing the best possible Android experience for our users. As a member of the Android team, you will work closely with technical and product leadership to develop future features for Android and the Fieldwire platform.
Here is a sample of the kind of challenges you will solve:
- Building the fastest mobile plan viewer by displaying 4M pixel images using progressive tiling
- Architecting performant list views that need to pull data from 12 different tables
- Never losing a single byte of our customer’s data by making sure the app works in every situation
- Design, build, and maintain our Android app in Kotlin
- Work with design and product teams to build high impact features
- Keep up-to-date with the latest and greatest in Android development
Fieldwire is a construction field management software, used on over 500,000+ projects worldwide. We’re obsessed with improving the way teams work together. We’re building the Field Management Platform for construction teams — providing operational excellence for one of the world’s largest global industries -- $10 Trillion/year. We’re delivering a superior, easy-to-use product that’s driven by the voice of our customers.
Fieldwire’s main focuses are issue-tracking, task management, plan viewing, and team communication -- all accessible in one place. The Fieldwire mobile app has a five-star rating based off of hundreds of customer reviews. Fieldwire is venture backed by the top investors in the industry and has already transformed the way thousands of companies worldwide are working together.
This role is based in beautiful San Francisco, CA. Our office is located one block from Montgomery Street. Easily accessible by all forms of public transportation.
Fieldwire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet your team
Fieldwire at a glance
Fieldwire focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Project Management, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Paris, and Scottsdale. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Fieldwire has raised $41.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.