Field management and coordination software for construction teams
Senior Site Reliability Engineer$120k – $180k • 0.05% – 0.15%
Who are we looking for?
Fieldwire is looking for our first Site Reliability Engineer with the mission to make Fieldwire faster and more reliable for our growing user base. We are looking for an experienced engineer to collaborate with our Engineering teams to build systems that are efficient, secure, highly-available, and fault-tolerant.
You will have a significant impact on Fieldwire by proposing and championing improvements to processes and infrastructure. As an SRE, you will own and maintain the production systems that our users count on. Fieldwire’s apps are mission-critical for the construction teams that use Fieldwire every day to save time and money on the job site.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years as an SRE or DevOps engineer
- Expert in at least 1 programming language, such as Java, Python, or Ruby
- Experience managing AWS cloud infrastructure and associated services (EC2, S3, etc.)
- Experience with Docker and containerization
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation and responding to production incidents
- Experience developing and building processes around change and incident management
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails and its ecosystem
- Experience with Heroku
- Knowledge of the administration and performance tuning of PostgreSQL
- Experience writing and debugging SQL queries
What you’ll be doing?
You will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing the Fieldwire infrastructure of today while architecting the platform of the future. You will provide a critical foundation for building the Fieldwire product.
- Architect, build and automate the cloud infrastructure that powers Fieldwire
- Implement and maintain monitoring to achieve maximum uptime and capture critical metrics that directly drive Engineering decisions
- Troubleshoot application, performance, and security issues in Fieldwire systems
- Partner with Engineering teams to design and deliver a platform that can handle any scale
- Conduct research and advise on how Fieldwire can leverage new and existing cloud services
Fieldwire is a construction field management software, used on over 450,000+ projects worldwide. We’re obsessed with improving the way teams work together. We’re building the Field Management Platform for construction teams — providing operational excellence for one of the world’s largest global industries -- $10 Trillion/year. We’re delivering a superior, easy-to-use product that’s driven by the voice of our customers.
Fieldwire’s main focuses are issue-tracking, task management, plan viewing, and team communication -- all accessible in one place. The Fieldwire mobile app has a five-star rating based on hundreds of customer reviews. Fieldwire is venture-backed by the top investors in the industry and has already transformed the way thousands of companies worldwide are working together.
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Stock Options
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Catered lunches twice a week
- Where is the job located?
- This role is based in beautiful San Francisco, CA. Our office is located on 2nd and Mission right off Montgomery Bart Station. Easily accessible by all forms of public transportation.
Fieldwire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Fieldwire at a glance
Fieldwire focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Enterprise Software, Project Management, and Collaboration. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Paris, and Scottsdale. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Fieldwire has raised $41.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on September 2019.