get on-demand parts manufactured for any quantity, budget, or timeline
Field Account Executive, Boston
At Fictiv, we’re inspired every day by our customers and teammates
You’ll have the opportunity to interact with some of the most renowned companies on the planet who make physical products loved by millions. You’ll be working with some of the highest quality and most talented vendors who produce what seems impossible to produce. You’ll be surrounded by a wicked awesome team (think PhDs, Ironmans, artists) who are obsessed with winning the hearts and minds of product engineers and designers who are literally building the future (think autonomous cars)... today.
What’s in it for you?
As a Field Account Executive you will work closely with some of the most exciting companies in the world to help them bring amazing products to market. You will ensure Fictiv fully understands the customer’s requirements and configures the optimal solution to address those requirements while improving time to market and meeting budgetary constraints.
You will identify and develop strategic manufacturing contracts which allow Fictiv customers to develop revolutionary new products at speeds never before thought possible. Your proven leadership skills will prove essential to coordinating the efforts of a highly capable Fictiv team which is supporting you in every opportunity. You will deliver sales presentations, organize site visits and product demonstrations to represent Fictiv in a consistent, effective, and compelling manner.
You will develop senior level relationships with business leaders while earning their trust and confidence to partner with Fictiv for all manufacturing needs. You’ll evaluate business priorities and initiatives against product design requirements and production schedules to propose solutions which meet every aspect of the customer’s expectations.
This is a remote position based in the greater Boston area.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop strategic account business plans for target accounts in region
- Prospect to build and maintain a healthy pipeline
- Identify and secure opportunities with prototyping, ramp, production and long-term, strategic manufacturing contracts
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Maintain accurate account and opportunity forecasting in Salesforce.com
- Lead and manage customer contract negotiations
- Build meaningful long term relationships with key customer decision makers
- Become a true expert in the product development needs, plans and challenges of your accounts
- Help establish Fictiv’s reputation as a virtual contract manufacturer in the eyes of our most important customers
- Spend over +50% of your time out of the office in front of customers
- Take responsibility for the overall success of your customers enlisting the correct Fictiv team members where appropriate
- 5 + years of in person field sales with proven track record to work remotely and develop a regional business plan, pipeline development
- Manufacturing or industry related experience is required
- Proven track record of meeting & exceeding monthly and quarterly targets
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Firm grasp of product development and related business requirements
- Demonstrated track record of quickly building a new pipeline and managing a forecast to consistently exceed quota
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Demonstrated expertise with modern sales tools (CRM, Sequencing, Prospecting, Collaboration)
- BS/BA degree preferred
About Fictiv (www.fictiv.com)
Fictiv is transforming how teams design, develop and deliver the next generation of hardware products.
Fictiv is a manufacturing platform and the most efficient way to fabricate parts. Powered by a distributed network of highly vetted vendors, Fictiv provides the critical infrastructure teams need to streamline prototyping and accelerate development cycles. The online interface makes it easy for customers to get instant quotes, review manufacturing feedback, and manage orders—all through a single service.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Fictiv at a glance
Fictiv focuses on Hardware, Manufacturing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Engineering Firms. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Portland, and Panyu. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Fictiv has raised $33M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.