Female Founders Fund is looking to partner with an Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) to incubate their current or soon to be technology startup. We’re looking for founders who bring a diversity of thought, experience, perspectives, background and talents.
Female Founders Fund is committed to investing in the future and supporting a diverse community of female entrepreneurs. We particularly encourage people who are under-represented and systematically excluded in the investment and startup space to apply.
*Below are some of the archetypes for this role: *
- If you are a serial entrepreneur and are looking for help to identify and launch your next opportunity.
- If you have worked in big tech/ corporate America and are looking to put your skills and expertise towards a mission of your own.
- If you have seen what it takes to build a startup as an early employee and are eager to build your own founder journey.
Who we are: Female Founders Fund is an early-stage venture fund investing in technology companies founded by women. Launched in 2014, the fund has built the most recognized brand investing in leading female-led technology companies like Zola, Tala, ELOQUII, Maven Clinic, Co--Star, Winky Lux, Billie and more. Read more about FFF in Time and Inc., watch us on the Today Show and CNBC, or listen to us on Girlboss Radio.
We are backed by some of the most impressive female entrepreneurs - Melinda Gates, Anne Wojceki of 23andme, Susan Wojceki the CEO of YouTube, Katrina Lake the Founder of Stitchfix, Whitney Wolfe Herd of Bumble, as well as FFF portfolio founders like Shan-Lyn Ma of Zola, Kate Ryder of Maven Clinic, Georgie Gooley of Billie, Michelle Kennedy of Peanut, Mariah Chase of Eloquii, and others. Beyond the investment, we have an unparalleled network of operators, CEO's, and industry experts who provide valuable operating experience and mentorship to our portfolio founders and future EIR.
Female Founders Fund was created to address the inequity that prevails and the fact that less than 3% of venture funding goes to female founders. Women—especially women of color—are still vastly underrepresented and funding has largely been inaccessible to black and brown women. We particularly encourage people who are under-represented and systematically excluded in the investment and startup space to apply.
The application is rolling until we find the best fit. Further details below.
- You’ve previously started, lead, operated in early-stage startups and/or big tech
- While you do not need an existing idea, you are set on founding a company
- Demonstrated commitment to Female Founders Fund’s mission
- A proven track record, problem-solving mindset paired with strategic thinking
- You would benefit from a structured process and or thought partner to build the next BIG thing
Desired Qualities / Who You Are:
- You love challenges, solving problems, and thrive in ambiguity
- You know your core strengths, but you also know when and how to seek help from others
- You know how to hustle and you thrive in entrepreneurial environments
- You spring to action and you find workarounds when there is no work around
- Low ego / learning oriented / humor is a plus
Location: Location for this position is flexible. The FFF team is based in NYC, but we are currently working remotely.
Timeline: The application is rolling. There is no official application deadline or start date, and we will continue to review applications until we find the best fit.
What You Get:
- Pre-seed investment to jumpstart your company
- Opportunity to assess ideas, grow ideas, and test concepts
- Support from the FFF platform (legal, HR, design, IT, engineering, talent recruiting, and more) to help accelerate your build and growth
- Office space (when it's safe to return)-- our offices located in Flatiron District NYC
- Thought partnership from FFF’s Founding Partner / Former Startup Founder Anu Duggal
- Strong peer community of female entrepreneurs as thought- and accountability-partners
- Access to Female Founders Fund unparalleled network, to help with fundraising, recruiting, partnerships, and idea validation.
Next Steps: If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply here: https://fcubed.typeform.com/to/Pb5OAwP9