deep learning to automate medical coding
Software Engineer, Security
We’re on a mission to understand and structure the world’s medical data, starting by making sense of the terabytes of clinician notes contained within the electronic health records of the world’s largest health systems.
We're looking for engineers who are excited about growing and improving security at Fathom by building systems, advising colleagues, and promoting security throughout the company. You'll play a part in shaping the future of our information security and your work will have significant impact to our business.
We need you to utilize your combination of strong software engineering experience and information security savvy to monitor and secure all operational aspects of our platform and promote HIPAA and SOC 2 compliance.
This is also a great opportunity for a candidate interested in developing into a Security Manager and/or CSO role: you will have as much opportunity as you are interested in to engage in the compliance process (HIPAA, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HITRUST, etc.). Hate compliance and prefer to focus your time and energy on building technical features and components that directly secure and monitor Fathom’s systems? We still want you!
Please note, this position has a minimum requirement of 3+ years of experience. For earlier career candidates, we encourage you to apply to our SF and/or Toronto locations
- Work to secure Fathom’s platform
- Develop automated tooling that continually monitors and hardens Fathom’s infrastructure
- Collaborate with our product and engineering teams to identify strategic long-term projects and preempt infrastructure needs in advance
- Programmatically enforce all relevant security and data access policies, including those in support of HIPAA compliance
We're looking for teammates who bring:
- 3+ years of development experience in a production/company setting
- Experience with securing cloud-based platforms
- An ability to apply InfoSec and general network security best practices
- An ability to define, defend, and drive security-related infrastructure initiatives
- Expertise with Python
- Familiarity with Google Cloud
- Experience with securing container-based environments and/or high-velocity continuous delivery environments
- Experience with highly regulated environments, such as healthcare or fintech
- Interest in machine learning and/or healthcare
- Interest in leading a world-class compliance program, including managing the full-spectrum of the audit process for, e.g., HIPAA, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HITRUST, etc.