An innovative start-up working with cutting edge robotic technology for livestock
User-centric software developer
Faromatics, an innovative start-up working with cutting edge robotic technology for livestock, is looking for a software developer with a passion for creating great interfaces to complex data.
Our disruptive new technology balances animal welfare with productivity by using machine learning, pattern recognition and a combination of sensors (visual/thermal imagery, sound, temperature, humidity etc) to provide optimal decision support to farmers and others.
The candidate will have experience in developing well-organised, reusable and maintainable code and be obsessed about creating great user interfaces and interesting ways to display data output in meaningful ways. (S)he will work closely with web designers to achieve that incredible user experience that we are looking for. The person must have a can-do attitude, a good eye for detail, work independently and be unforgiving with mediocre results. We are using the agile/scrum development methodology with a focus on innovation, integration and rapid delivery of business requirements.
Fresh graduates are welcome to apply, if they have the right passion and excellence.
Fluency in English is a must.
Communication skills are very important to us, since we are a small group. Candidates are expected to be able to use all modern channels of communication.
Desirable technical skills:
- MySQL and relational database administrative skills
- Knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Knowledge of integrating PHP with Windows/Linux
- Knowledge of Git and AWS
- Bachelor's or master’s degree, preferably in one of the following areas: - - Computer Science, Informatics Engineering, Telecommunications
- Excellent oral English and good communication in general
- Highly organised and disciplined, creative and innovative
- Genuine passion for programming (usually demonstrated by undertaking personal projects)
- Good problem-solving ability with a desire to improve via self-motivated learning
- Logical, commonsensical approach to issues
- Great attention to detail
- Deep interest in incredibly slick user interfaces
What we offer:
- Innovative workplace in Vilanova i la Geltrú at the Centre for Technology and Ideas, Neapolis
- Young, energetic and international team from three continents, speaking five languages on a daily basis
- Involvement in a European research and other projects with possibilities of travel
- Flexibility in work hours and to some extent in location
- Adequate remuneration
Faromatics at a glance
Faromatics focuses on Information Technology, Robotics, and Agriculture. Their company has offices in Vilanova i la Geltrú. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Faromatics has raised $717K of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2018 at a valuation of $2.6M.