The world through fashion
Lead Data Scientist
Farfetch exists for the love of fashion. We believe in empowering individuality. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers. We’re a diverse and global community made up of Farfetchers, our partners and our customers, which we believe is at the heart of our success. Everything we do is centred around our values - Be Human, Think Global, Be Revolutionary, Todos Juntos, Be Brilliant, Amaze Customers - which define our beliefs and our actions. We welcome difference and foster a consciously inclusive environment for everyone. We are Farfetch For All.
TechnologyWe’re on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We’re empowered to break traditions and disrupt, with the freedom and autonomy to make a real impact for our customers all over the world.
New YorkOur New York office is located in Midtown near the iconic Bryant Park and the historic Grand Central Terminal, New York's best connected office neighbourhood. The beautifully designed office has 360 views and tall windows to bring the outside in. We have a communal kitchen that brings the whole team together for Family Lunch and Happy Hours. The office is open plan with plenty of rooms and booths to take a private call, have time to relax and work in private or have a large collaborative meeting.
Farfetch relies heavily on insights gained from data to drive customer acquisition and retention and on metrics to detect new areas of improvement. As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll contribute to the engineering of the next-generation data science products and interfaces that connect our Machine Learning technology to the vast ecosystem of internal and external applications. This is a really exciting time to join the business and have the chance to be a part of a growing function and work exclusively on large scale, high-impact projects.
We are looking for a true Data Science expert with leadership experience, someone who wants to stay with us for the long term and grow within a small team.
What You'll Do
- You will work with large datasets to solve hard problems using advanced statistical and Machine Learning techniques
- You will prototype and productionize Machine Learning pipelines to provide a solution to large commercial impact problems, that keep Farfetch ahead of the competition
- You will collaborate with other Scientists and Engineers to build efficient data products
- You will identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Farfetch products
- You will research and develop forecasting and recommendation systems to improve the quality of key services powering our Private Client function; leveraging computer vision, ranking, predictive modeling, and live experiments
- You will lead and manage more junior Data Scientists, aiding their growth and developing them to the next level
- You will act as an ambassador for the Farfetch Data team, supporting recruitment efforts and promoting our Brilliant working environment
Who You Are
- You have at least 6 years of experience in an advanced Engineering and Data Science role.
- You have extensive experience building Machine Learning and Deep Learning models on large datasets
- You are fluent in Python and object-oriented programming. Experience developing production software is a bonus.
- You have experience in Computer Vision and Recommendation Systems is a bonus.
- You are a strong communicator that enjoy collaborative teamwork.
Farfetch at a glance
Farfetch focuses on Internet, E-Commerce, Retail, and Fashion. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Lisbon, and São Paulo. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees. To date, Farfetch has raised $991.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2020.