Changing the way we deal with death
We're looking for a Product Designer to join our team to help change the way the world deals with death. This is an incredible opportunity to have a real impact on people’s lives, by building products that empower them to navigate some of life’s hardest moments.
As well as working day to day in a multi-disciplinary product team, you’ll be joining a fast growing design guild. At the moment we’re two product designers, a user researcher, copywriter and marketing designer.
As a Product designer at Farewill, over the next 12 months you will:
- Drive design projects from start to finish, working collaboratively to research, define and solve high impact customer problems
- Contribute to the design team as a whole - pairing with other designers, up-skilling the rest of the team, or sharing feedback in crit sessions
- Help to build out our fledgling design system, evolving existing patterns and contributing new ones wherever needed
Who you are:
You’re a designer motivated by solving tough user problems with elegant solutions. You’re driven to deeply understand users and their needs, and make thoughtful design decisions based on what you learn.
We’re looking for someone who:
- has delivered high impact solutions, and has a portfolio to show it
- has experience working in a multi-disciplinary product team
- is used to working on the ‘end-to-end’ design - from initial sketches through to prototyping and working closely with developers to implement practical solutions
- is an excellent communicator
- is self motivated and organised
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- £1000 and 3 days a year to spend on your personal development
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership!
- The chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £175 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?
Please note - In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, all Farewill employees are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. We will continue hiring as usual.
Santander cycles membership
Santander cycles membership
Maternity and paternity leave
One month of paid mandatory leave for new parents. We then provide an additional two months of optional paternity and maternity leave at half pay.
Work from home wednesdays
Team lunch every other tuesday and free snacks
£1000 and 3 days per year towards your personal development and training
Regular off-site days and team lunches
Farewill at a glance
Farewill focuses on Burial & Cremation Industry Worldwide, Legal Tech, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Farewill has raised $8.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.