Changing the way we deal with death
Business Development Manager - Charity Partnerships£46k – £46k • 0.01% – 0.01%
We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing Charity Partnerships team at Farewill.
Charities have been an integral part of our success. We work with over 60 charities in the UK as their will writing provider, and help them raise funds from gifts in wills. To date our customers have pledged over £120m to charity.
We have ambitious plans for next year, and we’ll be investing in our team and our technology to deliver even more for our charity partners. This role is a unique opportunity to be part of that growth, help us change the way the world deals with death, and raise millions in gifts for charity.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Generate new business opportunities with prospective clients
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from generating leads, demonstrating our product, negotiation and closing
- Build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against and ensure goals are met
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our product by working closely with our customer support and product team
- Attend events to network to generate interest in the Farewill proposition for charities
- Deliver a world class service to our charity partner
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- 2-3 years + experience in a sales role
- A desire to genuinely help charities with their legacy fundraising
- Proven track record of meeting targets
- A consultative sales style, built on knowledge, trust and reliability
- Proven ability to identify and develop new business
- A passion for our mission to change the way the world deals with death (and raise millions for charities in doing so!)
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience.
What we offer in return:
- £30,000-46,000 basic salary + commission (based on experience)
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £200 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Please note - In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, all Farewill employees are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. We will continue hiring as usual.
Santander cycles membership
Santander cycles membership
Maternity and paternity leave
One month of paid mandatory leave for new parents. We then provide an additional two months of optional paternity and maternity leave at half pay.
Work from home wednesdays
Team lunch every other tuesday and free snacks
£1000 and 3 days per year towards your personal development and training
Regular off-site days and team lunches
Farewill at a glance
Farewill focuses on Burial & Cremation Industry Worldwide, Legal Tech, and Fin Tech. Their company has offices in London. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Farewill has raised $8.1M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.