Changing the way we deal with death
Will Writer/Will Solicitor£30k – £45k • 0.01% – 0.01%
We’re looking for an experienced Will Writer/Will Solicitor to join our growing legal team at Farewill.
This role is a unique opportunity to help us launch a telephone will service to complement our market-leading and award-winning online service.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Work closely with our Head of Legal and CFO to help us shape, deliver and grow a telephone will service.
- Run a caseload of telephone wills.
- Work collaboratively with our sales, customer operations and product teams to iterate on processes and procedures at pace.
- Help build and train a team around you in order to deliver on our ambitious goals.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- You have proven experience of writing wills in a volume environment. You have written hundreds, maybe even thousands of wills.
- You are customer-focused. At Farewill, customers come first. You need to be enthusiastic about our customers.
- You have a great eye for detail and the ability to communicate complex legal problems simply.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, being hands-on and getting things done.
- You are excited by technology and the opportunity to step away from traditional ways, assumptions and perceived wisdom.
Some added bonuses that would be great:
- Qualified solicitor, but it’s not essential. Experience is more relevant than qualification for this role.
- STEP Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation or an equivalent.
- Experience supervising a team.
- Wider private client experience including estate administration.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Lovely, spacious, bright office in Haggerston. But, if London’s not for you, that’s ok - we can make remote working work for the right candidate too.
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Please note - In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, all Farewill employees are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. We will continue hiring as usual.