Changing the way we deal with death
Cremation Specialist£25k – £25k • 0.01% – 0.01%
We’re looking for a Cremation Specialist to join our growing Operations team at Farewill.
We’re the fastest-growing company in the UK end-of-life sector, now starting to revolutionise the funeral industry. This role is in a tight-knit team building our direct cremation business. You’ll shape our service and how we work to ensure our customers are well looked after every step of the way. This is an amazing, meaningful opportunity for someone with experience of - and a passion for - helping people in difficult circumstances.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Be our customers’ key point of contact to collect their information, address their concerns and keep them updated.
- Liaise with suppliers to make sure that everything runs smoothly.
- Propose and implement changes to our processes and systems to optimise our customer experience.
- Help to develop and document our knowledge of the funeral industry in order to provide correct, relevant guidance to customers.
- Be a key member of a caring and honest team in our friendly and collaborative work environment.
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Exceptional attention to detail. Ensuring that nothing falls through the cracks is critical to taking care of our customers.
- A great phone manner, with the ability to deal with grieving families calmly, kindly and sensitively, but also practically.
- Quickly mastering internal tools. Changing ways of working quickly and regularly won’t faze you.
- A sense of ownership of problems that arise. You don’t hesitate to jump in, roll your sleeves up and fix things.
- Ambition and excitement about joining a fast-moving tech startup, and specifically Farewill’s products, mission and approach.
- Above all, you care about customers. You’re motivated by helping people, and will make sure customers’ voices are fed back to the rest of the business.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude are just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Regular off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership
- £1000 personal development budget a year
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world - with over £100 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
Based in our lovely office in Haggerston, we’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Kindred Capital, SAATCHiNVEST, JamJar and DMGT.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
Please note - In light of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, all Farewill employees are working remotely and we will be conducting all interviews virtually for the foreseeable future. We will continue hiring as usual.