Accelerating the source-to-award process to transform procurement
Technical Program Manager, Integrations
Fairmarkit is a fast-growing Boston company that transforms how large enterprises source and procure goods. By offering a B2B marketplace powered by data science and an intuitive product UX our software enables organizations such as the MBTA and Univision to make smarter purchasing decisions and optimize their “tail spend”.
We are trailblazers in solving the “tail spend” problem--wherein 80% of a company’s purchases by volume or 20% by spend may never be optimized. We offer a clear ROI yielding savings of over 15% and our traction with customers proves it.
Located in Fort Point in Boston we’re growing 3x year over year, just raised our $11m Series A and are looking for exceptional candidates to grow with us and make their own mark on the 100 trillion dollar global B2B industry.
We are looking for a stellar Program Manager to identify, prioritize, and execute against critical integration milestones for our enterprise customers. The Program Manager will drive multiple simultaneous integrations with our customers’ enterprise resource planning systems, inventory management systems, vendor management databases, finance and accounting software, and other systems. Reporting into the VP of Engineering, this role will work closely with Fairmarkit’s Product, Engineering, Customer Ops, and Sales teams, and will play a key role in ensuring our customers are set up for success with our platform.
In your first month
- Give a demo of a new Fairmarkit product feature to the entire company
- Join a kick-off call with a customer to personally ensure their success with Fairmarkit
- Clarify requirements for multiple stories in one of our engineering sprints
- Go onsite with both a prospect as well as an existing customer to understand their use cases and their Fairmarkit experience
- Use Python or API management tools to map data flows between customer systems and Fairmarkit
In your first quarter
- Provide a schedule for the next 3 months of integration engineering deliverables
- In partnership with engineering, deliver integrations with a major ERP system that can be used in a repeatable fashion for future customers
- Optimize the customer onboarding process and the integration engineering process by owning the cross-team collaboration meetings and process and making any changes necessary to improve specificity of requirements and timetables
In your first year
- Hire 2 project managers to manage new streams of integration work
- Deliver a sophisticated integration on time for a major ERP partner which dramatically expands our total addressable market
- Grow your technical skills in the areas of programming and data science through personal development
About the role
- Work with Sales and Customer Onboarding teams to efficiently and thoroughly scope out upcoming customer onboarding events
- Manage internal and external communication throughout individual customer onboarding projects
- Work with Customer Success and Account management to ensure that customers’ KPIs and metrics for success and understood and executed against
- Work directly with our tech teams to solve not just today’s integration challenges but productize the solutions so our next integration is 3x faster
- Prioritize integration process and product improvements with Product, Engineering, and Design, in consultation with Sales and Customer Success
- Be a reliable and organized point of contact between Fairmarkit teams, customers’ technical teams, and integration partners’ teams
- Identify, prioritize, scope, and deliver strategic integrations and certifications to ensure Fairmarkit is a robust and trusted procurement industry partner
About our next Program Manager
- At least 4 years in a program/technical program management role or equivalent experience in product and project management
- Outstanding prioritization, organization, project management, and communication skills
- Able to quickly ramp on technologies, industries, and business process
- Highly technical — we greatly value deep experience with software systems, SaaS platforms, enterprise ERPs/P2P software, and the ability to efficiently communicate directly with engineering teams and other technical counterparts
- Highly technical - the ideal candidate will have demonstrated proficiency with vendor APIs and interfaces, spreadsheets, data modeling and SQL, and proven ability to process data in a programming language such as Python
- Able to identify strategic insights, effectively articulate business opportunities, and play a key role in setting priorities for the integrations roadmap
Experience and skills that could benefit you in this role
- Consulting or related experience working directly with customers and clients to understand technical, business, and process constraints; to define solutions; and deliver successful outcomes
- Procurement/enterprise resource planning/supply chain experience
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment
- Computer Science degree, other technical background, or substantial technical experience
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.