The future is local
Senior iOS Engineer$70k – $150k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Faire is changing wholesale and helping local retailers compete with Amazon and the big box stores.
We're backed by the top VCs in the world, we're led by an experienced team (Square, Google), and we're building a world-class engineering culture of freedom and responsibility. Learn more about our best practices in our Engineering Handbook.
Our mobile app is crucial to our vision: Empowering entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We want our app to be so frictionless, so fast, so easy to use, that store owners flip it on whenever they have 10 seconds free. In those 10 seconds, our app will help entrepreneurs run the business of their dreams.
We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production weekly, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
As a Senior IOS Engineer, you'll collaborate with us to:
- help found, grow, and manage our iOS team
- help design the app, and plan its architecture over the next 3-5 years
- deliver core customer-facing features of our app
- work closely with the product team to create a delightful user experience
- work closely with the backend team to design APIs
- share ownership of our product and our customer's happiness
- write unit, integration, and end to end tests for everything
We're excited about you because you have:
- 4+ years of iOS experience
- Multiple apps shipped to the App Store
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A passion for programming and solving problems with code
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
Technologies we use and teach:
- UIKit, XCTest, Swinject, Firebase, APNs
- Protocol Buffers
You're excited about us because we offer:
- A small team, a relaxed and fun startup, world-class engineering talent, mentorship, and career growth
- An attractive compensation and equity package
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, generous parental and family leave, flexible work hours, gym membership, free lunches, drinks, snacks, game nights, hack week, and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our leadership team is experienced (eg., Google) and led the development of one of the top 15 apps in the US app store (Square Cash).
- The business makes sense. It’s straightforward, provides clear value to both store owners and to makers. You get to help change an industry for the better.
- It’s beautiful. Work on something that’s well-designed, following the footsteps of Square.
We’re an on-site team in Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.