Machine learning to battle misinformation/disinformation
Chief Data Scientist£60k – £90k • 0.2% – 2.0%
We are looking for someone who combines extensive experience of machine learning in industry, with research excellence, such as a Ph.D. in a related field. Experience in ML and NLP is essential. This is a very senior hands-on role that enables you to make a major impact on the field and the company.
- Building NLP pipelines and models, which range from linear models to state-of-the-art neural networks
- Measuring and improving the quality of the algorithms
- Working with the platform team to integrate the models in production
- Designing high-level ML architecture, incl. human-in-the-loop system
- You have shipped an end to end machine learning platform that truly learns from regularly inputted training data and user/customer feedback
- Product focused mindset (customer first rather than technology first)
- Experience of deploying machine learning models in practice. This includes awareness of infrastructure issues, potential bottlenecks for ML models, continuous integration, data storage, cloud computing, etc. and how these affect the design of ML architecture.
- Knowledge of the latest methods in areas such as NLP, text classification, neural networks, active learning. Ideally, this should include recent papers in conferences such as ACL, NIPS or EMNLP
- Ideally, experience of online or active learning and building human in the loop systems with user feedback to improve algorithms.
- Good managerial skills and experience with complex cross-functional projects
Meet your team
Factmata at a glance
Factmata focuses on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, News, and Natural Language Processing. Their company has offices in London. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Factmata has raised $3.054M of funding; their latest round was closed on June 2019.