Unlocking the power of ai and human creativity to discover new drugs
Lab Software Trainer & Test Engineer
Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is collectively working to build a cutting-edge future and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our journey.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Software Trainer & Test Engineer with a strong background in the design & implementation of robust testing processes for the controlled release of enterprise products. Bring your whole self to work and use your hard earned skills for the benefit of the whole of society and deliver AI as a force for good.
As a Software Trainer & Test Engineer at Exscientia, you will be based at our Oxford office, working as part of an agile team on greenfield and established projects using modern tools and cloud-based technologies. You will collaborate closely with Lab scientists, software developers and research engineers to help us build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success.
You will have the opportunity to;
- Help us build the next generation of Centaur, the industry leading automated drug design platform.
- Work with software engineers to build a modern test environment to drive innovation and performance
- Train users in close collaboration with the Lab Informatics Manager
- Lead the development of concise documentation for users and developers
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are complete, meet expectations, and are robustly tested
What will you bring to the role?
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- 2+ years software test engineering and user training experience.
- Mastery of Python for software testing.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry or relevant field.
- Proven ability to write concise documentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence requirements.
What would be great to have?
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with one of the major Cloud vendors AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of REST conventions and API tooling such as Swagger, API Gateway, Django REST Framework, GraphQL
- Experience with cloud automation via Ansible, Terraform or Cloud Formation.
What can you expect from us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery
- Joining a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to develop your career with us as we grow
- We offer a highly competitive compensation to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Working in modern offices with state of art laboratories
- Good socials and fantastic free food on offer
Exscientia at a glance
Exscientia focuses on Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in Oxford and Dundee. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Exscientia has raised $41M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.