Unlocking the power of ai and human creativity to discover new drugs
Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists. We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is collectively working to build a cutting-edge future and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our journey.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated data engineer with a strong background in software development and experience or interest in building innovative products. Bring your whole self to work and use your hard earned skills for the benefit of the whole of society and deliver AI as a force for good.
As a data engineer in the Centaur BiologistTM squad you’ll be working closely with an agile team of data scientists and bioinformaticians building systems of innovation with real impact for the business. There’s a good mix of greenfield projects, building on the existing platform and collaborating closely with the software engineering and devops squads to deliver scalable solutions.
You’ll have the opportunity to
- Help us build the next generation of Centaur BiologistTM our innovative portfolio creation platform.
- Productise data ingest pipelines using Python and ETL tools to populate Knowledge Graphs.
- Design and implement a robust data layer to enable research teams supporting key decision making for the business.
- Support and influence Devops strategies to operationalise large scale knowledge graphs and biological networks deployment on AWS.
What you will need
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- 3+ years data engineering experience.
- Knowledge of graph technologies such as RDF(S), SPARLQL, graph and triple-stores.
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or relevant field.
- Solid experience building ETL processes using Python.
- Proven experience with one the major cloud platforms AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with large data set ingest techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-discipline squad.
What would be great to have
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
- Previous experience in knowledge graph or biological network creation.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with natural language processing techniques.
- Familiar with engineering best practises such as planning, and developing automation pipelines.
What can you expect from us?
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI driven discovery
- Joining a scaling AI organisation with world class technical and scientific leaders
- An opportunity to develop your career with us as we grow
- We offer a highly competitive compensation to support our employees as we continue to grow and thrive
- The opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Working in modern offices with fantastic free food on offer
Exscientia at a glance
Exscientia focuses on Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in Oxford and Dundee. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Exscientia has raised $41M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.