Unlocking the power of ai and human creativity to discover new drugs
Exscientia Is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our IT team. We are seeking an IT Engineer to be an integral member of a world-class team of scientists and drug hunters focused on applying AI to achieve unprecedented productivity gains in small molecule drug discovery.
The development and maintenance of a robust and secure IT infrastructure is fundamental to the success of Exscientia’s AI drug design platform. We are seeking a highly motivated IT Engineer to support the infrastructure upon which our growing team depends. The successful applicant will be part of an experienced, multidisciplinary team and will report to the Senior IT Engineer.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Systems administration of core company services.
- Providing Exscientia team with day to day technical support.
- Maintenance of physical infrastructure across all company sites.
- Ensuring all company devices adhere to defined Information Security Policies and Procedures.
- Maintaining inventory of company hardware.
- Troubleshooting service disruptions.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new recruits.
- Assisting with the roll out of new capabilities.
- Specification and procurement of new hardware.
- Liaising with suppliers.
- Recommend solutions to fulfil requirements and solve problems.
- Documenting workflows and procedures.
What will you bring to the role?
- 5+ years’ experience of IT support.
- Experience of support provision in MacOS and Windows environments.
- Experience with IT Infrastructure technologies like storage, virtualisation and networking.
- Ability to plan own time effectively able to prioritise key tasks, work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of information security best practises.
- Comfortable working without supervision and as part of a team, as required.
- Ability to react quickly whilst working under pressure and be able to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Detail oriented and logical
- Confident in problem solving skills and be eager to learn.
Qualifications and Desirable Experience
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science or related subject or equivalent industry experience.
- JAMF Pro or alternative MDM experience.
- Experience of administering SaaS environments.
- Network & Firewalls (Watchguard, Sonicwall).
- ITIL Framework.
What can you expect from us?
- An intellectually stimulating and fast paced work environment
- The opportunity to join an expanding, international and highly skilled technical and scientific teams
- Being part of a collaborative and fun culture with modern offices and fantastic free food on offer
- An opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow
- A competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience
Exscientia at a glance
Exscientia focuses on Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in Oxford and Dundee. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Exscientia has raised $41M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.