Unlocking the power of ai and human creativity to discover new drugs
Software Engineer - Python + React
Exscientia Is a company that is committed to getting medicines to patients in the fastest and most effective manner. We do this by applying the latest research in Artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design. Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to have used AI to design drug molecules that are currently in clinical studies.
All of our Innovation is driven by people; highly talented multi-disciplinary teams that work collaboratively to solve real world drug discovery problems. Following multiple partnerships with many leading Pharmaceutical companies and research institutes, we have a robust and rapidly expanding portfolio of projects and we are looking to substantially expand our technology team and are now adding a key appointment to our Technology group. We are currently seeking a highly-motivated software engineer with a strong background in software development and experience or interest in building enterprise products. Bring your whole self to work and use your hard earned skills for the benefit of the whole of society and deliver AI as a force for good. As a Software Engineer at Exscientia, you will be based at our new Dundee office, working as part of an agile team on greenfield and established projects using modern tools and cloud-based technologies. You will collaborate closely with data scientists, software developers and research engineers to help us build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success.
You'll have the opportunity to
- Help us build the next generation of Centaur ChemistTM, the industry leading automated drug design platform.
- Deliver pythonic microservices using AWS.
- Define and implement services in line with the long term product roadmap.
- Work closely with the Dev Ops squad to ensure all services can be deployed in a fully automated way using infrastructure as code.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure requirements are complete and meet expectations.
What you will need
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- 2+ years software engineering experience.
- Mastery of a relevant programming language such as Python.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Proven ability with database technologies such as Oracle, Postgres, DynamoDB.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence requirements.
- Promote engineering best practises such as planning epics, writing many different kinds of tests and developing CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with application frameworks such as Flask, Django, Phoenix.
What would be great to have
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge or interest in Machine Learning and AI.
- Experience with one of the major Cloud vendors AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of REST conventions and API tooling such as Swagger, API Gateway, Django REST Framework
- Experience with cloud automation via Ansible, Terraform or Cloud Formation.
- Good understanding of microservices architectures.
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
Exscientia at a glance
Exscientia focuses on Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, and Artificial Intelligence. Their company has offices in Oxford and Dundee. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Exscientia has raised $41M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2019.