On-demand consulting and business talent platform
Site Reliability Engineering Lead
We're looking for great people who have great ideas and know how to communicate these. As a member of our engineering team you'll need to know how to dive in to solve problems, collaborate with the team, you have low-ego, love learning and just get stuff done!
We're currently at the edge of Elixir development in Australia and are one of the few companies willing to take on the challenges of building a scalable web application with new technologies including ReactJS, Elixir and GraphQL.
We work in an Agile environment, using a variety of tools and frameworks. We’re rebuilding a legacy application into a new architecture, here’s the tech we are using at the moment:
- Elixir, Phoenix
- Elasticsearch, Postgresql, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- CircleCI, Git, Speedcurve, Datadog
- Node, ReactJS, Jest, Cypress
- Docker, Kubernetes
With a nod to some legacy applications written in Python and PHP which are in the process of being migrated.
About the role
You’ll be enabling and collaborating with teams to ensure our platform is healthy, automated, monitored and performant. You get to help us improve our platform, enable fast delivery, reduce downtime and bring a better platform experience to our customers.
- Work with the VP, Engineering Manager and Architecture Lead on the technology strategic plan
- Oversee and contribute to dev-ops and BAU
- Ensure fast and reliable deployment systems and processes are in place
- Ensure the data pipeline is operating effectivelys, up-to-date and secure
- Develop customer SLAs and mechanisms to measure associated metrics
- Design, implementation and periodic testing of disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Implementation of security systems like intrusion detection and prevention as well as next-gen antivirus across the business
- Contribute to a plan to meet GDPR compliance (and later ISO27001 compliance)
- Work with 3rd party security and infrastructure providers to ensure compliance to legal terms with our customers
- Experience in SRE and leading SRE teams
- Experience in working with Enterprise customers
- Experience with compliance frameworks such as GDPR, ISO27001
- Have developed and maintained Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity plans
- Experience with cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- Good foundation in network, systems and infrastructure
- Experience with Linux
- Coding/scripting experience in at least one language (e.g. Python, Bash)
- Monitoring and troubleshooting skills, identifying incidents
- Experience with dashboards and monitoring tools (e.g. Grafana, Prometheus, PagerDuty, Datadog)
- Experience working with Datastores (e.g. Postgresql, MySQL, Redis)
- Good understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Experience with systems automation and configuration tools (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Terraform)
- Experience with containers and orchestration (e.g. docker, kubernetes, mesos, marathon)
- Experience in performance
Extra props for those familiar with:
- Search systems
- Functional languages or Elixir
- Experience with security
Expert360 is one of Australia's fastest growing startups. Our marketplace connects over 20,000 consultants to thousands of companies including several household names. It’s not all suits and ties though as we pride ourselves on the diverse and creative team that builds the Expert360 platform and experience.
We care about people
At Expert360, we aim to support our team, we have a flexible working environment, including the ability to work from home and remotely.
We give our team opportunities to learn via training and personal development programs. In addition to these we also run in Tech:
- Shareback sessions over lunch
- Learning Workshops
- Support the Tech Community (e.g. Elixir Sydney, Women Who Code, Codebar)
We want teams to be happy, motivated and have a great work-life balance. So we do things like:
- Yoga every fortnight
- Touch footy on Friday mornings
- Fortnightly company lunch
- Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Board games and Playstation
We value diversity at our company. No matter where you are from or what you believe in, we simply ask that you are committed to your role, your colleagues and your work.
Expert360 at a glance
Expert360 focuses on Enterprise Software, Marketplaces, Consulting, and Small and Medium Businesses. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Sydney. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Expert360 has raised $15.271M of funding; their latest round was closed on May 2015.