Expanse is an enterprise software company & the leader in Internet Operations Management
Senior Manager, Product Marketing
Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative, and technically-savvy product marketing manager to develop compelling, informative, and persuasive content that helps position Expanse as the leading technology to help organizations reduce the risk associated with their Internet-exposed assets. You’ll help us tell our story and form and execute a strategy to position our products as a foundational necessity for any IT operations or security team.
For your day-to-day, you’ll work with our sales and product organizations to build informational content like white papers, blogs, datasheets, infographics, and more, to help educate our buyers and prospects.
If you’re looking for a role in a fast-paced, incredibly innovative tech company, and have 3-5 years of experience in product marketing or product management, preferably in a computer hardware, software, or services company, we’d love to hear from you.
This role will report to our Director of Product Marketing and work from our San Francisco headquarters.
What You’ll Do
- Work with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, presales, and professional services to create effective messaging and positioning that will drive content creation
- Write sales and marketing content to support the sales cycle, including white papers, datasheets, technical briefs, presentations, and webinars
- Support go-to-market planning and execution for our portfolio of products and services, including channel and direct sales tools, sales training and enablement, marketing campaign assets, and customer adoption assets
- Lead product launches of major releases by partnering closely with cross-functional teams
- Support key events as a presenter and content owner (light travel will be required)
- You have a creative personality with a penchant for making difficult concepts easy to understand
- You have 3-5 years of experience in product marketing, product management, or content strategy
- You are a master at communication and are comfortable speaking and writing to C-level and technical buyers
- You thrive in an ambiguous work environment, able to manage tight deadlines and work autonomously
- Your background includes marketing to technical buyers and users (such as networking, cloud infrastructure, IT operations, or security operations)
- You can demonstrate skill in creating informative and persuasive content
- You’re able to travel up to 10% to attend and/or speak at regional conferences.
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $500, one time, to customize your remote work space so you have what you need to be comfortable and productive
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 60% for dependents
Company sponsored parental leave
Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner, or a lunch stipend depending on office location
$65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
$75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
Cell phone reimbursement
$50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
$300, one time, to customize your desk space
Expanse at a glance
Expanse focuses on Information Technology, Analytics, Security, Enterprise Security, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, and Washington DC. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Expanse has raised $135.97M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.