Expanse is an enterprise software company & the leader in Internet Operations Management
Cyber Risk Analyst
Expanse protects the world’s most important organizations by discovering risks on the Internet no one else can find. Our customers comprise more than 10% of the routable Internet and rely on our products to discover, manage, and secure their global Internet assets. Born from DARPA, Expanse was founded in 2012 and is backed by more than $135M in funding.
As a Cyber Risk Analyst at Expanse, you will use internal engineering tools to analyze data and deliver technical assessments of organizational cyber security for external clients and sales support. You will be a passionate and skilled ‘data diver’ who uses multiple tools and information sources to find unknown vulnerabilities across the global internet.
This position is located in San Francisco or other remote locations on the West Coast.
What You’ll Do
- Support pre and post sales by mapping out new networks
- Partner with existing client engagements by answering technical questions and using internal engineering tools
- Drive data analysis by rapidly prototyping new tools
- Use internal engineering software to support pitch deck creation
- Support sales team with technical assessments of network security for target customers
- Write scripts to explore new use cases and satisfy customer requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical discipline
- 2-4 years of working experience
- Experience with data analysis, statistics, and data visualization
- Exposure to a scripting language (Python and SQL preferred)
- Conceptual understanding of technical topics (e.g. mathematical concepts)
- Results-driven and successful in a fast-paced environment
- Bonus: experience in cybersecurity or related industry
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 60% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
- Company sponsored parental leave
- 401k Plan
- Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
- $50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
- $65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
- $500, one time, to customize your remote work space so you have what you need to be comfortable and productive
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Refer a Friend
Send your most talented friends our way. If we hire one, you'll get $1,000 even if you're not an Expanse employee. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Expanse is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, transgender status), medical condition, HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis C status, marital status, military or veteran status, political activities, affiliations, citizenship, or any other characteristic or class protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 60% for dependents
Company sponsored parental leave
Unlimited PTO + 8 company holidays
Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner, or a lunch stipend depending on office location
$65 every month for your wellness to cover costs of gyms, courses and other activities
Pre-tax commuter, HSA, & FSA benefits
Opportunities for professional development to attend conferences, classes, and workshops
$75 every quarter as discretionary team building stipend
Cell phone reimbursement
$50 every month in cell phone reimbursement
$300, one time, to customize your desk space
Expanse at a glance
Expanse focuses on Information Technology, Analytics, Security, Enterprise Security, and Software. Their company has offices in New York City, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, and Washington DC. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Expanse has raised $135.97M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2019.