Expa builds companies
IT Office Lead
Expa is seeking a talented technologist to fill our IT Lead role. As a part of this exciting opportunity you will help develop and support the growing technology infrastructure within Expa. You will be the point of contact for all things IT related within Expa, supporting our lean team closely. This hybrid role contains elements of both management and implementation, you must be able to successfully balance these two worlds.
- Supporting Employees and employee laptops with direct hands-on technical support
- Recommending and implementing IT strategies, policies, and procedures while evaluating organizational outcomes.
- Ensuring the proper operation of IT systems by performing configuration, patching and maintenance as well as system audits and monitoring.
- Managing vendor relationships; negotiating service contracts, overseeing vendor projects/engagements, and serving as key contact within Expa.
- Spearheading new technology initiatives, owning projects from design to completion; partnering with key stakeholders across the organisation, implementing and configuring systems or engaging outside resources.
- Helping to train and guide employees in the use of Expa technology systems and processes.
- Partnering closely with senior IT managers to implement security technology strategy.
- Collaborating with and reporting to the senior Expa team.
- Proficient with the modern IT tech stack: Cloud based productivity and operational tools; gsuite, onelogin, zoom, aws, meraki
- Technically adept at supporting modern operating systems; macOS, Windows, iOS
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude, ability to work positively within a startup environment
- Highly effective in a fast-paced, evolving startup culture
- Autonomous; excellent prioritization and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to balance high level strategic planning with implementation and execution
- Capability to heuristically learn, grow, and implement new technologies quickly
- 3+ years experience in a hybrid strategic + hands-on IT management role, or experience in both roles disparately
- BS in CS, or equivalent work experience
- Proven effectiveness maintaining small business networks: phone/conferencing, network infrastructure, cloud services, vendor relationships, support functions.
- Proficient in supporting macOS within business organizations
- Early stage equity in Expa companies
- Flexible PTO
- Great benefits package
- Stocked kitchen
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Awesome office in downtown San Francisco and talented team
Expa at a glance
Expa focuses on Mobile, Web Design, Startups, and User Experience Design. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Expa has raised $150M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2016.