Expa builds companies
Backend Developer$100k – $200k • 0.1% – 0.5%
Expa has a strong presence in San Francisco and New York City, and has recently expanded operations to Vancouver, Canada. We are actively looking to hire the best talent to be a part of our growing team.
You can read more about Expa on our site. The project you would be involved in is under stealth and more information will be provided at the time of interview.
We are looking for experienced software engineers, with strong backend experience in Cloud based environments excited for the challenge of working with a small team of front-end engineers. The position requires excellent problem solving and engineering skills when working with systems at scale. We are seeking individuals that are motivated to build cutting edge backends for products and manage the underlying infrastructure and deployment processes. The perfect candidate will be comfortable working closely with front-end engineers and can communicate effectively within a small team.
- Build scalable, secure, effective and well documented backend systems in alongside well motivated front-end engineers
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to ensure on-time and performant solutions
- Assess and build test frameworks for backend systems, as well as track metrics and performance over time
- Ensure that code written is to a high standard, with excellent reusability
- Help develop a service orientated architecture for cutting edge products
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Strong development skills with Go ( golang ), NodeJs or Python for backend development
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and well documented code
- Strong understanding of front-end development and integration of services and APIs for front-end developers
- Experience with Elastic Container Service and Docker is a must
- Ability to maintain and manage databases and infrastructure within AWS
- Understanding of Highly Available infrastructure environments and systems
- Experience with infrastructure management and deployment through Automation tools and systems
- Comfortable with OS Internals / Infrastructure on Debian, Redhat and Ubuntu systems
- Experience with load balancing and web server technologies (Nginx, HAProxy)
- Ability to build scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, ES, ECS, ELB etc)
- Strong understanding of network communications within Cloud environments
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Security hardening / experience with SANS or OWASP frameworks
- A competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Full medical and dental benefits
- A very flexible vacation policy
- Custom workstation designed to your needs
- A beautiful office in downtown Vancouver and a talented team
Meet your team
Expa at a glance
Expa focuses on Mobile, Web Design, Startups, and User Experience Design. Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Expa has raised $150M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2016.