Fast discovery of safer cancer immunotherapies
Data Scientist£50k – £70k • 0.5% – 2.0%
Exogene is a deep-tech company combining deep learning, biophysics and cell biology to accelerate the discovery of safer cancer immunotherapies. Our mission is to democratise the discovery of cancer immunotherapies by providing tools to discover safer therapies, faster and at a fraction of the cost.
Our success will help cure the toughest cancers by turbocharging the development of life-saving treatment for more than 10 million people worldwide. We are looking for people who are excited by a moonshot technical challenge which can have a huge positive impact on society.
We are based in London but we adopt a remote-first approach: we prefer async communication, we minimise meetings and we encourage our employees to work from anywhere they prefer.
We are looking for a data scientist to help us build predictive models using protein structure and sequence data.
You are going to work with a large dataset consisting of public and proprietary data and build state-of-the-art predictive models to predict interactions between T-cell receptors and their targets. You will have to get up to date with the most recent academic research on the topic and build models which can outperform the state of the art using advanced machine learning techniques.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data
- Building predictive models using advanced machine learning techniques (e.g. transfer learning, RNNs, GANs)
- Getting up to date with the most recent relevant literature in machine learning and computational immunology
- Developing creative approaches to model heterogeneous data
- Detecting blind spots in the data and giving suggestions for further data collection
Skills and Qualifications required
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, including neural networks and NLP
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as numpy, pandas, sklearn, keras, tensorflow and fastai.
- Experience with reading and understanding scientific papers
- Excellent programming skills (python)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of bioinformatic techniques and experience with genomics/proteomics data
- Experience with network theory
- Experience with Amazon AWS
Stock option plan
Early employees can benefit from participation to Exogene's stock options plan
We are based in London but we encourage everybody to work from anywhere they prefer.