The AI-ready digital hub for materials R&D
Head of Engineering$90k – $150k • 0.3% – 0.9%
J.A.R.V.I.S for Materials Research and Development.
You will team up with us to architect and implement a web-based platform for materials design from atoms to end-product (think J.A.R.V.I.S from the well-known movie). We have a set of Fortune 500 customers (https://exabyte.io/#case-study) that provide feedback. You will work with them and take what we developed to date to the next level.
Your career with us will be aimed at a 3-5 year (or longer) period and rapid growth. Example candidates may be established professionals looking for a significant ownership stake and creative breadth in their next venture.
- lead design and implementation of a large-scale distributed web application for materials design
- contribute code in the short term and help grow our team in the future
- apply your creative vision to a new and highly innovative vertical
- realize your ambitions, grow and make an impact in a meaningful way
- unique timing (proven concept, ready to scale)
- San Francisco SOMA, GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- strong knowledge of distributed web applications
- strong knowledge of python
- strong knowledge of Unix/Linux/CentOS/RedHat
- prior experience with cloud computing platforms through python API (AWS, Azure, Google cloud)
- familiarity with SaltStack, Puppet, Chef or similar
- familiarity with Vagrant, Docker
- familiarity with high-performance computing scheduling (PBS Torque, SLURM) and compilers
- take ownership of software development stack
- deliver quality code on time (JS, python)
- be a "jack of all trades" in the short term and migrate to management in the long run
- choose your own
For software consultancy shops: please do not contact us about your services, we believe in investing in our own people and our own team
For all applicants: please include a brief message explaining the nature of your interest and your career goals for the next 5 years
Our hiring process and example assignments are explained in more details in https://github.com/exabyte-io/rewotes. Including a link to a completed real-world test would fast-track your application.
Our recent presentation at the Thiel Foundation will help you understand what we do: https://exabyte.io/video/unboxing-2017
Exabyte.io at a glance
Exabyte.io focuses on Enterprise Software, Nanotechnology, Cloud Infrastructure, and Modeling And Simulation. Their company has offices in San Francisco and Tokyo. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Exabyte.io has raised $850K of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2017.