Deep learning for smarter insurance
Senior Software Engineer$120k – $180k • 0.35% – 1.0%
Your mission is to design and build an AI-powered intelligence and workflow platform from big insurance data, think “Google AI meets Power BI”. It is the interface that connects the carriers to our underlying AI platform. The information is highly confidential and needs to be handled with the utmost care. There are many complex engineering problems to tackle, such as: daily ingestion, data validation, and presenting all this information in a beautiful and intuitive way. We are in the fortunate position of having many high impact products options and you will help decide which opportunities we choose to pursue.
You will have a key role in shaping the future of Evolution IQ’s products. From technology choices to weighing in on the roadmap, you will have a large amount of ownership and scope in this role. The team will look to you to provide crucial technical expertise and help prioritize features. Every day you will be asked to strike the right balance of building sustainability while shipping as quickly as possible.
This is a demanding position and requires a highly experienced engineer with a wide breadth of skills. The ideal person for this role should have extensive experience going through the full feature development life cycle: from working with product managers to decide scope, to researching what data is available, designing a database schema for representing the data, considering the serving needs, working with designers to figure out UX, implementing the interface, and finally maintaining the feature/system.
There are lots of different people who will be successful in this role. Some key traits and experiences we think they all share are:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Working collaboratively with others is critical for success.
• Solid CS fundamentals (Algorithms, Data structures)
• Experience with architecting and implementing reliable and performant enterprise software
• Proficient with Web technologies, ideally Typescript and React/Redux
• Passion about intuitive UX, ideally previous experience with designers and product managers
• Experience designing relational database schemas, deploying and scaling databases. Ideally experience with Postgres
• Experience with setting up and maintaining a release pipeline - Ideally SRE / DevOps experience
• Experience with running performant offline pipelines. For example, MapReduce
• Experience with frontend server infrastructure
• Familiar with Test Driven Development
• Familiar with monitoring and improving reliability
• Strong time management skills. History of prioritizing several important tasks
• Bonus: Experience with machine learning infrastructure
• Bonus: Experience mentoring junior engineers