New ways to measure health in everyday life
Senior Quality Assurance and Validation Engineer, Data Platform
Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals’ behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 3 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and healthcare companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
Evidation maintains a study platform, as well as a data engineering and analysis platform that hosts multiple clinical trial study deployments in a multi-tenant, HIPAA-compliant environment. Each study navigates participants through a tightly controlled experience, as governed by its corresponding study design protocol. Evidation’s data platform is responsible for ingesting, processing, and storing the high-volume diverse data sets associated with these studies.
The Quality Assurance and Validation Engineer at Evidation will work closely with the product, engineering, and QA automation teams to develop, implement, and support software and data verification & validation procedures. You will assist with the development of software requirements, develop test cases for requirements, and ensure that requirements are met by verifying product functionality and performance. You will also support design control activities including risk management.
Successful performance contributes to a well-maintained Quality Management System consisting of software and data tools and products that are well-documented, tested, and validated. If you have a passion for quality and detail, and want to join a team that is accelerating ways to discover medical treatments by engaging participants in real-word evidential trials, we would love to hear from you!
- Design verification & validation protocols for the study and data platforms, including data ingest, reporting, and other IT infrastructure throughout life cycle phases. Determine how these protocols should be tailored according to the unique needs of each clinical trial study.
- Manage the testing portion of the software development lifecycle, including: Jira workflow management, queueing up relevant tests and environments, and ensuring tests are executed and passing before new code is deployed.
- Ability to write SQL or utilize Business Intelligence or analytics tools for QA and data investigation.
- Utilize familiarity with ETL (extract, transform, load) processes and Amazon Web Services (e.g. S3) to write and execute test cases for new product functionality.
- Design and implement methods of verifying reports and newly ingested and processed data sources.
- Create required project deliverables related to testing: test plan, test procedures, test scripts, and completed acceptance test/test reports.
- Lead the execution of testing plans & protocols and manage deviations. Communicate all observed defects to the technical and product leads, update test cases based on the discovered defects, and re-execute test cases accordingly. Create and present final reports of completed validation protocols with resolution of deviations.
- Adhere to internal quality processes including good documentation practices.
- Ensure schedules are executed on time and required compliance levels are achieved.
- Cooperate and respectfully communicate with external and internal customers.
- Undergraduate university degree required, engineering preferred.
- 5+ years experience in quality assurance
- Meticulous and detail-oriented. Ability to consistently meet critical deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with developing and executing test plans, protocols, and reports from software requirements.
- Familiarity with: SQL, Software issue management tools (e.g. Jira), Business Intelligence and analytics tools (e.g. Quicksight, Tableau), cloud-based platform (e.g. Google, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with defect management and working closely with Software and Data Engineers on defect resolution.
- Evaluation of system interfaces, operational requirements, and performance requirements.
- Demonstrated conceptual thinking by recognizing key actions and underlying problems and making connections and seeing patterns.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking by anticipating obstacles, breaking problems apart systematically, coming to logical conclusions, and seeing consequences and implications.
- Demonstrated initiative by persisting in problem-solving and addressing problems before being asked.
- Experience with: SQL, Jira, Amazon Web Services big data products (e.g. Athena, Quicksight, Glue)
- Experience with ETL (extract, transform, load) processes
- Experience with Jupyter Notebooks or other similar data analysis tools
- Proficiency at gathering test requirements and developing test scripts. Solid understanding of positive and negative testing practices. Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives
EVIDATION HEALTH VALUES DIVERSITY AND IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL PERSONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR ANCESTRY, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION INCLUDING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, SEX OR GENDER.