New ways to measure health in everyday life
Staff Software Engineer (Backend API)
Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals’ behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 3 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and health care companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
We’re seeking a highly motivated Staff Software Engineer (Backend API) to join our Enterprise Engineering team who is familiar with scalable architectures, data flows, and APIs. We value problem solving skills, continuous learning, great communication and accountability. If you thrive on autonomy, open-ended challenges, and designing large-scale software systems, this is the perfect opportunity.
- Develop API’s and integrations for a large-scale, cloud-based application
- Build and implement microservices to improve scalability and performance
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing and production
- 8+ years work experience, or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related technical field)
- Experience developing in Ruby on Rails or Python
- Experience with Postgres or MySQL
- Experience writing unit tests and integrations
- Experience working with RESTful frameworks
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS or Google)
- Experience working with scalable API frameworks
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives
EVIDATION HEALTH VALUES DIVERSITY AND IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL PERSONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR ANCESTRY, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION INCLUDING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, SEX OR GENDER.
Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and yours
Competitive, market salary and equity
Open vacation policy—take time when you need it
Flexible work hours and flexible location policies
Relocation support to the Golden State, California
Your choice of computing equipment and gear
Evidation Health at a glance
Evidation Health focuses on Healthcare, Analytics, Big Data, Software, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and San Mateo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Evidation Health has raised $57.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.