New ways to measure health in everyday life
Evidation Health is a new kind of health and measurement company that provides the technology and guidance to understand how everyday behavior and health interact. The volumes of behavior data generated from wearables and smartphones has opened up new ways to analyze individuals’ behavior and health in real time. With a virtual pool of 3 million research participants, Evidation Health undertakes research for innovative biopharma and health care companies to transform how diseases are identified, treated, and monitored.
The data science team at Evidation has world-class scientists in computer science, statistics, and life sciences. We are looking for a research engineer to contribute to transforming research produced across the team into production-quality software. As a research engineer, you will work closely with the rest of the data science team as well as with product and engineering to incorporate your innovations in our products for healthcare and pharma.
- Convert our research code base to production-quality software to best leverage modern computing environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Collaborate with our data scientists to facilitate research that enables learning from large heterogeneous datasets
- Integrate our state-of-the-art research into broader platforms and frameworks
- Standardize our coding best practices and software life cycle
- Perform code reviews
- Previous experience as a software engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with data science, machine learning, and statistics
- Strong record of open source contributions with an active GitHub profile
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and competitive coverage for your family
- Relocation support
- Flexible work hours
- Open vacation policy - take time when you need it
- Support for remote work when needed
- Relaxed work environment
- Your choice of computing equipment and gear
- Lots of opportunities for growth
- Opportunity to work on fascinating challenges that improve people’s lives
EVIDATION HEALTH VALUES DIVERSITY AND IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL PERSONS WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, MARITAL STATUS, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN OR ANCESTRY, POLITICAL ACTIVITY OR AFFILIATION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, MEDICAL CONDITION INCLUDING GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS, MARITAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, SEX OR GENDER.
Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and yours
Competitive, market salary and equity
Open vacation policy—take time when you need it
Flexible work hours and flexible location policies
Relocation support to the Golden State, California
Your choice of computing equipment and gear
Evidation Health at a glance
Evidation Health focuses on Healthcare, Analytics, Big Data, Software, and Health and Wellness. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and San Mateo. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Evidation Health has raised $57.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.