Proven Wellness Solutions for Motherhood (Techstars NYC '19)
Senior Software Engineer$130k – $150k • 0.0% – 0.65%
This role will be the first in-house developer on our team, at first working with our 4-person agency team located locally in NYC, and progressing to help build our internal development team.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious and motivated, dynamic developer with experience in many different disciplines, eager to grow with a start-up and excited to eventually build a team. More than that, this candidate should be looking for an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy owning and impacting the full tech stack.
Every Mother is a wellness partner for mothers. Our current solution is delivered through a subscription-based curated app experience focused on educational and instructional exercise content, and a strong, active community of engaged users is at the heart of our success.
We are a rapidly growing company with the goal of helping women everywhere name and address the natural changes that come along with motherhood. We are working to shed light on and provide evidence-based solutions for common yet underdiagnosed and untreated issues. We plan to continue to grow our core exercise and community products while delving into new products and services that speak to our audience and utilize our existing platform.
- Manage the overall design and architecture of the product, including the web application, API, and mobile application
- Write clean and functional code, supporting a highly maintainable codebase for the front-end, back-end, and database
- Implement product designs consistent with brand guidelines and exceptional user experience
- Maintain the product and platform to high standards of performance, security, and technical best practices
- Manage system infrastructure, servers, DNS, SSL certificates, App Stores, etc
- Collaborate with the product manager and CEO to build our product roadmap and development pipeline
- Coordinate with other team members to define technical specifications for new product features, consistent with user requirements and company strategic priorities
- Manage outside contractors to assist with design and development tasks; create appropriate channels of communication to ask for their guidance and assistance
- Support hiring additional developers and lay the foundation for our development team
- Extensive experience in FE web with some experience in BE web capabilities and app development across a variety of technologies and frameworks
- Portfolio of complex projects where you have been the sole developer, or led the system architecture and implementation
- Familiarity with PHP / MySQL / Wordpress or similar / related back-end systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in web and mobile app development
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Demonstrated ability to build performant and bug-free applications without oversight
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain complex concepts to non- technical stakeholders, ability to coordinate clearly with outside contractors
- Ability to own and update tech documentation and QA work (through tools or other resources)
- Management experience and/or demonstrated ability to effectively mentor junior developers is a big plus
- Tons of startup energy and scrappy nature to get things done
- A drive to see your work change the way millions of people live their lives
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE MEANS:
- You’ve created a product that delights our users, creating lifelong adherents to our programs and growth through word-of-mouth
- Our product is technically sound, highly performant and secure, and our codebase is clean and maintainable into the future
- You balance the scrappiness of a fast-moving startup with the quality of a world-class product
- Our developer team has grown and has systems and processes set up to succeed
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE:
Every Mother is driven forward by a love of our mission and a love of the work that gets us closer each day. We are a community that supports each other to grow, learn and take risks every day. If you want to change the world and be around people who think you can do it, consider a career with Every Mother.